Author Topic: Requests / Ideas  (Read 115 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Requests / Ideas
« on: August 16, 2001, 11:16:00 AM »
Here are a few things that have come to mind recently that could enhance my enjoyment of the game...hopefully others too!   :)

Right now the clipboard map gets dark when it's dark outside or when you fly under cloud cover.  For me, it makes it hard as heck to see anything on it, including my plane indicator, sector bars, dots, etc.  It'd be nice if it stayed bright at all times.

Have Analog control over functions like Flaps, RPM and Trim.  On my throttle I've got two knobs (rotary dials) that can either be programmed to produce keystrokes when turned or be an analog control (axis) under Windoze.  Basically it would be nice for the actual function on the aircraft to be in sync with what the knob on my throttle was doing.  For example, I've got one knob that has a center detent.  If AH could see this as an axis in windows (which I think it can currently) and allow it to control my elevator trim (which I don't think it can), my elevator trim would always correspond to the position of the knob.  At center, the trim would be centered on the meter, and the same up and down.  Trying to program the knob to send the keyboard keystrokes that correspond with trim elevator up and down to do this is just impossible.  The same type of thing holds true for engine RPMs.  Flaps may be a bit more difficult, since AH just ignores the input of Flaps Down commands if you're speed is too high to deploy them.  If your knob was set to flaps and it was in the full down position, perhaps AH could just continue lowering the flaps to full down as your speed lowered.  Tried to explain this one the best I could...hope it makes sense!  :)

I've got a second monitor hooked up to my computer and it'd be nice to see it be accessible in AH without having to alt tab.  I currently put WinAMP and Roger Wilco up on it so I can see them while I'm flying.  The RW part is especially handy to see who's popping up on the channel.  In-game stuff that could be nice to have on it would be the real-time map (the default clipboard map), strat maps, the message bar, frame rate info, net status, and maybe a combination of all these, including having more than one map up at a time.

There was one other thing, but my feeble mind has already fogotten what it was...if I remember I'll add it later!   :D  Thanks for listenin'

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Requests / Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
SOB
what hotas do you have?
I'm using the X36 combo and have the rudder & elevator trims programmed to the rotors on the throttle, ailerons on the rudder thingy. Tricky but with a dead spot in middle, making three bands instead of two, for the rotors, and remembering you need to center to release, it works well for me.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Requests / Ideas
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by SOB:

Have Analog control over functions like Flaps, RPM and Trim.  On my throttle I've got two knobs (rotary dials) that can either be programmed to produce keystrokes when turned or be an analog control (axis) under Windoze.  Basically it would be nice for the actual function on the aircraft to be in sync with what the knob on my throttle was doing.  For example, I've got one knob that has a center detent.  If AH could see this as an axis in windows (which I think it can currently) and allow it to control my elevator trim (which I don't think it can), my elevator trim would always correspond to the position of the knob.  At center, the trim would be centered on the meter, and the same up and down.  Trying to program the knob to send the keyboard keystrokes that correspond with trim elevator up and down to do this is just impossible.  
SOB

Hell yea! That would be sweet

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Requests / Ideas
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2001, 06:39:00 PM »
SOB you can map the RPM to any analog axis.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Requests / Ideas
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2001, 01:58:00 AM »
I would like the clipboard (not the map itself) to get darker when it's night-time mostly because the contrast between the bright clipboard and the dark skies screws my eyes up....

Regards

Nexx
NEXX

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Requests / Ideas
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2001, 08:58:00 AM »
Thanks Funked...I could've sworn I'd tried it, but I'll try it again!

I'm using an F22 & TQS with the digital upgrade Eagler.  If you can explain what you're doing in non-saitek terms, I could probably do the same.  Thanks!

SOB

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Requests / Ideas
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by SOB:
Thanks Funked...I could've sworn I'd tried it, but I'll try it again!

I'm using an F22 & TQS with the digital upgrade Eagler.  If you can explain what you're doing in non-saitek terms, I could probably do the same.  Thanks!
SOB

SOB
On the rotor(s) I made three bands, two large ones with a small one in the middle. The middle band I left without any command programmed into it, the other two are the commands say for elevator up is programmed as "K" and the other band would be elevator down programmed as "I". Same with rudder - three bands - top being "A" rudder left, middle being nothing, bottom band being "D", rudder right. Then my spinning the rudder rotor back and forth I trim one way or the other. You just have to remember to center the rotor or it keeps trimming in that direction. I sometimes have to bring it back thru the center to "wake" it up. Sounds complicated but it ain't. works well for me..

gl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Requests / Ideas
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2001, 04:24:00 PM »
thx, i'll give it a try!   :)