Author Topic: Mission: The Legend Of Y29  (Read 16474 times)

Offline Juicey1

• Zinc Member
Re: Mission: The Legend Of Y29
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 07:54:17 AM »
 Howdy there. I've downloaded the y29 zip file. When i open the game the terrain is working, but however there is nothing in mission or practice missions. I know for sure the ahiiterr is correct and the missres. you said to paste in the offmiss. but i don't have that. the ones that are close are missions and misstemp. I have tried both of those but there are still nothing for created offline missions. any ideas. I know of this scenario and would really like to play it. Thanks for the help. Juicey1

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »
The mission .res file goes in your MISSRES folder.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline GrnHorn8

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »
Howdy there. I've downloaded the y29 zip file. When i open the game the terrain is working, but however there is nothing in mission or practice missions. I know for sure the ahiiterr is correct and the missres. you said to paste in the offmiss. but i don't have that. the ones that are close are missions and misstemp. I have tried both of those but there are still nothing for created offline missions. any ideas. I know of this scenario and would really like to play it. Thanks for the help. Juicey1

I'm  having the same problem. All the files are in the right place. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Haven't had a problem with any other mission. I really want to try this one.
337TH Black Sheep Squadrian

Join the Black Sheep http://www.ripsnort.org

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
If you are just downloading a mission for play, the mission .res goes in your MISSRES folder.  If it comes with a terrain you don't already have, the terrain .res goes in your AHIITERR folder.  Do not worry about any other folders.  Offline missions worked differently in prior versions with different install directions.  So, as a player, you only have to deal with the MISSRES folder & sometimes the AHIITERR folder if installing a terrain for the mission.  Are you guys POSITIVE you have the Y29.res in the MISSRES folder?

EDIT: Install directions from a previous page:

Install instructions:
copy arden08s.res, arden08s.fla, arden08s.fld, and arden08s.pln to the ahiiterr directory

copy y29a.res to the missres directory...

The .fla .fld & .pln files that Soda included are files that the terrain uses to set up who owns which field & which planes are enabled.  They go in your AHIITERR folder along with the terrain .res.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:31:59 PM by USRanger »
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline GrnHorn8

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:31 PM »
Yes Ranger, all of those files are in those folders. I tripled checked it. I'm not sure why it's not showig up. :(  The only thing i can think  of is i have the latest version HTC put out today. Maybe that has something to do with it. I apreiciate your really help.

P.S. can't wait untill your new sound pack. You have the best one out there. I tried almost all of them.  :salute
337TH Black Sheep Squadrian

Join the Black Sheep http://www.ripsnort.org

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 09:41:02 PM »
I'll delete this mission & re-download it to see if it happens to me also.

Soundpack-wise, I have a new version getting finished that blows my prior one out of the water.  Anxious to finish it & get it out.  Look for it in the coming weeks. :salute
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »
It's been a whle since that project was built..

It may need to be rebuilt using an updated Mission Editor...