Author Topic: Re-arm pads  (Read 454 times)

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
Re-arm pads
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »
I would like to see the re-arm pads that are in the current FSO terrain put into the MA's.  They give you a great area to line up and turn around and not tiny and cramped that can destroy a wing like our fearless leader Brooke did in one frame of the BOB Scenario.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Re-arm pads
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:28:05 AM »
I would like re arm pads removed all together....................   :t
Ludere Vincere

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »
I would like to see the re-arm pads that are in the current FSO terrain put into the MA's.  They give you a great area to line up and turn around and not tiny and cramped that can destroy a wing like our fearless leader Brooke did in one frame of the BOB Scenario.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

I really should of filmed that or taken some screenshots (maybe I did, I should dig for it when I get home), I had the best seat in the house (I was one of the first done rearming and was waiting right there for the rest of you to rearm and form up on the runway).  I think we blamed it on the ground crew not guiding him in properly.  Honestly, it happened because he approached the pad from a direction that made him have to do over a 270 degree turn to get onto the pad only slightly larger than his airplane and in a position to leave the pad and form up with the rest of us on the runway.

I still think he could of just duct taped that wing back on and been good to go.  I personally like the drag-reducing speed-holes (bullet-holes) I earn on one sortie and carry on into the next.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 01:59:41 PM »
Lol, I have the film somewhere, I may be able to post it monday.  I had a few of those speed holes too.  :aok

Did you try re-arming on the pads on the Ardennes terrain yet?  They have plenty of room and plenty of room around them to turn and line up other planes as well.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »
No I haven't had the pleasure yet.  Unfortunately most Friday evenings I'm a social drunk, errr... gentleman, so the FSOs evade me usually 3 out of 4 nights.  On the Fridays I'm not busy and am around to fly I usually don't have the time (or insight) ahead of time to make arrangements to fly with a squad for the FSO (though I probably could find one on short notice to give me a plane or two to fly).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 08:16:08 PM »
like our fearless leader Brooke did in one frame of the BOB Scenario.
:rofl
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.