Author Topic: squad reccomendation  (Read 908 times)

Offline pumaclaw

• Zinc Member
squad reccomendation
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
im somewhat new to this game and i might start looking for a squad. i like to...
Fly bombers.
Drive around in tanks.
Do a few fighter/attack missions.
Love taking bases and like to have fun with it all.

Whats the squad for me? out of all these i like gv'ing and bombing  :airplane:
 :salute
the crying would be worse than a gym full of 300 children who just saw Barney get killed.  :lol

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: squad reccomendation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
Try the 91st BG. those guys are a good bunch and have some good missions out there, lots of bomber missions and im not really sure on the gv'ing...give them a ring and see if you like it.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »
You might also want to check out the 353rd fg.
Great bunch to fly with and learn with as well.

Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »
91 BG
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:07:46 PM »
There are many reputable squads/groups out there that have what you are looking for.

We in the 91st Bomb Group are loosely based off of the historical "Ragged Irregulars" that fought in WW2. The core of what we do is long range heavy bombing with B17's, but we also fly & drive just about anything else that suits our fancy. We fly on vox 191 and have recently switched to Rook for this tour.
It's all about fun, first & foremost. Beyond that, we have a thing for the historical aspect of the 91st, and it's pretty cool to recreate elements of it within the context of Aces High's environment.

But there are many other great squads that do similar (i.e. the Dickweed Heavy Bomb Group, the 20th Fighter Group (Loco Busters), Closer's Dirty Devils... the list goes on).

Shop around and see where you fit. <S> :)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline pumaclaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
There are many reputable squads/groups out there that have what you are looking for.

We in the 91st Bomb Group are loosely based off of the historical "Ragged Irregulars" that fought in WW2. The core of what we do is long range heavy bombing with B17's, but we also fly & drive just about anything else that suits our fancy. We fly on vox 191 and have recently switched to Rook for this tour.
It's all about fun, first & foremost. Beyond that, we have a thing for the historical aspect of the 91st, and it's pretty cool to recreate elements of it within the context of Aces High's environment.

But there are many other great squads that do similar (i.e. the Dickweed Heavy Bomb Group, the 20th Fighter Group (Loco Busters), Closer's Dirty Devils... the list goes on).

well dickweeds dont recruit 15 year olds that dont have headsets...also like i said im more into bombing and gv'ing than a fighter based area. i might think about checking out the dirty devils or you guys at the 91st.  :joystick:
the crying would be worse than a gym full of 300 children who just saw Barney get killed.  :lol

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »
well dickweeds dont recruit 15 year olds that dont have headsets...also like i said im more into bombing and gv'ing than a fighter based area. i might think about checking out the dirty devils or you guys at the 91st.  :joystick:

LTAR dont know what their age limit is anymore but you might want to shoot them a PM when you see LTARxxxx online
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline pumaclaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »
LTAR dont know what their age limit is anymore but you might want to shoot them a PM when you see LTARxxxx online
well ive been poking around and ive chosen the 91st bg to fly with for a bit. thanks for picking me up and i will see you all soon   :salute

Offline GreenEagle43

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dickweedhbg.com
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 06:10:12 AM »
 :salute the dickweed heavy bomber group is always looking for good bomber pilots.
check out our web site. www.dickweedhbg.com  we are the oldest and longest flying bomber group
of aces high.
Recruiting Officer GrnEagle  DHBG
Dedicated to Bish Country. 16 YEARS of BOMBER SERVICE

AN Aces High BOMBER SQUADRON. www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline pumaclaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »
time to bring the dust off this thread...
Well the 91st bg didnt work for me because they just dont fit my schedule. im on during the day mostly and i cant find any good buff action then.
reccomendations other than the 91st?

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 08:30:54 AM »
come check out Alchemists PUMA,on bish,give us a shout. :salute

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »

[/
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"