Author Topic: VMF-251 Decorations for 2/20  (Read 367 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
VMF-251 Decorations for 2/20
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:16:01 AM »
VMF-251 has issued the following decorations for the action of 2 February, 2009

Air Medal

Drazz - For the downing of 5 enemy aircraft in one sortie
Enker - For the downing of 6 enemy aircraft in one sortie
HAMMERR- For the downing of 7 enemy aircraft in one sortie

Navy Presidential Unit Citation

VMF-251 engaged enemy bombers over task group C84 with nine Ki-61s and downed 32 B-25s (three disco'ed before contact was made. For some reason one pilot spawned on runway and wrecked on takeoff before disco but doesn't show in the logs, while the other two showed as bailed or crashed instead). Two Ki-61s were forced to ditch with damage, and one was lost in a collision. One of the ditched pilots disregarded orders and re-upped before subsequently being shot down. I did NOT realize this had happened, otherwise I would have ordered him to return to base before returning to the engagement. I've already taken action to issue a reminder about this.

For the downing of 32 aircraft of the enemy as a squadron, the following pilots have been issued the Presidential Unit Citation:

Saxman
Enker
Trol
Virtue
HAMMERR
Flyboy
aJoust
snowey
CpMorgan
trumpman
Drazz
Herder
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
Re: VMF-251 Decorations for 2/20
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »
I think this may have been our highest K/D ratio in one night so far! <S>
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X