Author Topic: iraq, anbar province  (Read 703 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: iraq, anbar province
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:10 AM »
good news from Iraq != obamaman in the White House

the media is just playing their part by not broadcasting any...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 06:05:02 AM »
see, RIch.

See what? You mean this ?http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/war/bushs_iraq_war/news.php?q=1216953070
http://www.metimes.com/Politics/2008/09/04/baghdad_to_take_control_of_sunni_antiqaeda_groups_us/afp/
http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=12385

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/11/iraq-war-al-qaeda-extended-3.html

Anbar does seem to be a genuine success story, but it should be noted that the breakthrough there was set in motion before the start of the U.S. surge. A promised $300 million in U.S. aid for the region,

I dont know if, and how much, some of you dont believe me. But its true. And paying them not to fight us is far cheaper then having to fight them.

Course the real problem is trying to yank them off the nipple eventually.

Donzo will never believe me tho will he?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 06:09:52 AM »
See what?

He meant, see what you wrote. He was agreeing with you ya goof.  :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 06:17:25 AM »
See what? You mean this ?http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/war/bushs_iraq_war/news.php?q=1216953070
http://www.metimes.com/Politics/2008/09/04/baghdad_to_take_control_of_sunni_antiqaeda_groups_us/afp/
http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=12385

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/11/iraq-war-al-qaeda-extended-3.html

I dont know if, and how much, some of you dont believe me. But its true. And paying them not to fight us is far cheaper then having to fight them.

Course the real problem is trying to yank them off the nipple eventually.

Donzo will never believe me tho will he?

So we'll eventually pull out the troops and pay them forever?  Is this blackmail?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
He finds a way. Like when you HO him in the Main Arena and 200 isn't tuned, he PMs ya :noid  :rolleyes:
way to distort one occurance, and fail to mention how incredibly coward your HO in a 1 vs 1 with you all the advantages actually was. :aok

:rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 07:50:25 AM »
Which is hillarious 'cause he is a ho weenie.

Just sit back and laugh at the hypprocrytes and try not to take them very seriously.  They ain't worth it.
hmm u brought lying in here?  wow, my ankle must really be attractive to you. :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »
So Obama was wrong, too, last night when he admitted the surge worked on the O'Reilly show last night?

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »
I think maybe Petraeus should be given some credit for this and by extension the men and women serving in Iraq right now. Sure he got lucky because the Sunnis were sick of the problems caused by Al Qaeda and were ripe for turning. But maybe a lucky general is as good as clever general. Away from the soap opera of the Presidential election and the simplistic sniping of the liberals versus conservatives real work is being done on the ground by people who simply get on with the job. Iraq isn't an election issue because neither candidate is particularly tainted by it and McCain has very carefully kept GWB at arms length.

Of course the media don't report it. They don't announce a lack of plane crashes or good weather in New Orleans either. Right or left bad news is grist to the mill of all media outlets.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »
I think the men and women serving in Iraq right now should be given some credit for this. Petraeus got lucky because the Sunnis were sick of the problems caused by Al Qaeda and were ripe for turning. But maybe a lucky general is as good as clever general.
Now this, I agree with.   :aok

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
I think maybe Petraeus should be given some credit for this and by extension the men and women serving in Iraq right now. Sure he got lucky because the Sunnis were sick of the problems caused by Al Qaeda and were ripe for turning. But maybe a lucky general is as good as clever general. Away from the soap opera of the Presidential election and the simplistic sniping of the liberals versus conservatives real work is being done on the ground by people who simply get on with the job. Iraq isn't an election issue because neither candidate is particularly tainted by it and McCain has very carefully kept GWB at arms length.

Of course the media don't report it. They don't announce a lack of plane crashes or good weather in New Orleans either. Right or left bad news is grist to the mill of all media outlets.

In the midst of the surge debate, Bush decided to replace Rumsfeld, who had served as Defense Secretary throughout the war and had long argued that the United States needed "to take the training wheels off the Iraqi government." Bush chose Rumsfeld's replacement, Robert M. Gates, without consulting Vice President Cheney, Rumsfeld's chief patron, the book reports. Bush informed Cheney of his decision on Nov. 6, 2006, the day before the mid-term elections. "Well, Mr. President, I disagree," Cheney is quoted as saying, "but obviously it's your call."

Woodward's account also includes a portrait of Gen. David H. Petraeus, who replaced Casey in Iraq. In one scene in the Oval Office in January 2007, Bush tells his new Iraq commander that the surge is his attempt to "double down." According to Woodward, Petraeus replies, "Mr. President, this is not double down. This is all in."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/04/politics/washingtonpost/main4417823.shtml?source=RSSattr=Politics_4417823
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »
He meant, see what you wrote. He was agreeing with you ya goof.  :D

Now your an internet mindreader? BTW Elfie is kinda a sissy name. :) But its all good bro. Im ok, your ok.

So we'll eventually pull out the troops and pay them forever?  Is this blackmail?

Well we still give Egypt about 1 billion a year and have since they made the peace with Israel. We give the Turks about the same and still also pay rent at the NATO bases. The line of failed countries on the American tittie is so long you probably couldnt see the last one if they all lined up. So why not Iraq? There are 64 countries that have recieved American aid for the last 35 years, most have for at least 50 years, and currently there are about 70 including places like North Korea. And to the tune of about 12 billion $$ a year altogether give or take. Tho its probably far more due to the secrecy of some of the aid programs.

And yes, we'll be pouring money into the place to keep the peace probably until the end of our lifetimes.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
way to distort one occurance, and fail to mention how incredibly coward your HO in a 1 vs 1 with you all the advantages actually was. :aok

:rolleyes:
:D :D :D :D

And I'll do it again! It's worth it on 200!

(p.s. I was just messin around :D )
hmm u brought lying in here?  wow, my ankle must really be attractive to you. :rolleyes:

And that ankle is MINE! :D :D :noid
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 05:10:38 PM »
BTW Elfie is kinda a sissy name.

I use some variant of Elf in nearly every game I've ever played online. I do this because of my interest in the fantasy genre. Yes, I played Dungeons and Dragons. :D

It started in AirWarrior, where I first took the name elf91 not realizing I could use the various symbols on my keyboard. I soon changed my name to -Elf-, yet most people just called me Elfie. When I moved to AH the name Elf was already taken and you can't use symbols in your name, so I took the name Elfie. Now most just call me Elf...... :rofl
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »
Well we still give Egypt about 1 billion a year and have since they made the peace with Israel. We give the Turks about the same and still also pay rent at the NATO bases. The line of failed countries on the American tittie is so long you probably couldnt see the last one if they all lined up. So why not Iraq? There are 64 countries that have recieved American aid for the last 35 years, most have for at least 50 years, and currently there are about 70 including places like North Korea. And to the tune of about 12 billion $$ a year altogether give or take. Tho its probably far more due to the secrecy of some of the aid programs.

And yes, we'll be pouring money into the place to keep the peace probably until the end of our lifetimes.

Screw that, stop all foreign aid to every country except Israel. (From what I understand we actually get our monies worth from them.) We have enough problems here in American, lets use that money here at home to fix our problems.

Heck we could use that money to put into Alternative fuels research, or to reduce our national debt. The possibilities go on and on.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:54 PM »
Screw that, stop all foreign aid to every country except Israel. (From what I understand we actually get our monies worth from them.) We have enough problems here in American, lets use that money here at home to fix our problems.

Heck we could use that money to put into Alternative fuels research, or to reduce our national debt. The possibilities go on and on.

I would love to debate the 'moneys worth from Israel' point... but that'd be a thread-locker fer sure. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.