Author Topic: All kinds of weather  (Read 108 times)

Offline Fastbikkel

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/fastbikkel
All kinds of weather
« on: August 28, 2001, 12:49:00 AM »
All kinds of weather should be great.
I mean, clouds, wind, rain.

AH is very good, but when i look at some old footage from ww2, you can see pilots kicking their aircraft around graciously.
By this i mean, drifting and sliding the plane, to give your enemy a false feeling of direction.
In real life this is very confusing, in AH it is easy to counter.

I feel that the scale of the distance and sizes of the aircraft are not entirely correct.
If i fly behind a plane a 200 meters in AH it seems like 400 meters.

That is what i feel at least.

This was just some info guys, no complaints about AH, i love it!

JG5FaBi.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
All kinds of weather
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2001, 02:14:00 AM »
I use a "skid" on a fairly regular basis to buy time for myself if I'm trying to get away from 3 or 4 slower planes in the 190D9- it works pretty well.  To "skid" you kick the rudder over hard in one direction (I prefer the right for some reason), while countering the roll with your ailerons (push the stick left until you are flying level again.  The effect is as close to flying sideways as you are going to get in an airplane- you are pointed straight ahead but moving in the direction you are pushing the rudder (in my case I skid to the right).

Most people don't use the skid, so they will make a turn to put their nose back on your plane- you will usually gain a little distance when they do this.  You can reverse the skid once they correct their aim.