Author Topic: Any AVAers using the X52-Pro?  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Any AVAers using the X52-Pro?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »

With my uh.....  less-than-patient personality, i finally threw it down the stairs.

It has worked like a charm since, but then I got the pedals for Christmas.        :noid

Hmm too bad my house is a single story ranch style.  :(

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 10:58:29 AM »
IMO, the best thing I ever did was to "lock down" the wire between throttle & joystick.  I don't know how to explain this better than
"  using a wire "staple" so there is no pressure on where the connectors are.  IE, I can pull on the cable, but it will not come out of the socket on either side, and no pressure will be put on the controller.   

This seems to be a weak link in the design.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »
I use Velcro to keep the stick and throttle in place on my desk. I haven't had any problems with the wire.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 11:03:01 AM »
My lights used to flash, stick went nuts, etc. 

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »
My lights used to flash, stick went nuts, etc. 

Calm down there Von, he didn't ask about your marital problems.  :D  Bumped your post to "premature ejection" thread. :rofl

Back to you Shifty.  I believe that you have been blessed with a wonderful and thoughtful wife to have chosen a gift that you would enjoy.  Having said that, I have a question for the "both" of you.  Wouldn't it be nice if her gift turned out to be a two fer?  ( < meaning:  by buying you such a wonderful gift, you discovered that you are able to connect rudder pedals to the old X52 and the new gift could be exchanged for something you had intended to add on later in the form of flight pedals).

But before you give up on the X52 Pro, here is just a thought.  Maybe the X52 Pro is trying to use the old installation for the X52.  I don't know much about registry problems, but have had some run ins with updates to software before.  Possibly a conflict somewhere (I do not recommend editing registry ever)  So, maybe you needed to properly uninstall the old X52, before installing the X52 Pro.  That is the way that I would go as a last resort.   

About to Google the installation now to see if anyone has seen this before and I will post again.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »
I believe that you have been blessed with a wonderful and thoughtful wife to have chosen a gift that you would enjoy.  Having said that, I have a question for the "both" of you.  Wouldn't it be nice if her gift turned out to be a two fer?  ( < meaning:  by buying you such a wonderful gift, you discovered that you are able to connect rudder pedals to the old X52 and the new gift could be exchanged for something you had intended to add on later in the form of flight pedals).

I agree 100% Judy has always been very supportive of my on-line flying. That's why I'd prefer to get the stick she purchased me working. Since she was kind enough to get me a gift that would enhance my hobby. Not to mention I could also give the X52 to my son Thomas and hopefully get him flying with us. So I'd like to get the stick problem resolved if at all possible.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 02:01:47 PM »
im not sure if this is right or not, someone correct me if im wrong. shifty, get on the calibration page, find the rudder input and adjust it so that it slows down. theres a way to make it move incrementally and the speed it does it. just back off on those. im not in front of my home computer so i cant really give you a better description but i fly a x52 and its pretty much the same as the pro. the other thing, dont use saiteks drivers. just let windows pick it up. mabye one of these to things will help you out.

i have a saitek X45 that i could never get to work right. i went to the X52 and just connected it. it worked great. this is my scenario. i dont know if it will work for you. just my 2 cents--  :)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 02:55:35 PM »
I could also give the X52 to my son Thomas and hopefully get him flying with us. So I'd like to get the stick problem resolved if at all possible.

Heeh, sounds like Thomas might be a better "stick" than you  :D

Before doing anything below, try this in order to see if you see any difference in between:

Try the stick on another system if available preferably one that the other stick had not been installed, but in any case worth a try to see if there might be a conflict on your system with another USB device.

In the Advanced Controller Mapping screen, look at the top and see of the slider screen and see if it says "........ Mode 1".  Move the rudder and see if it is full on and full off by watching the meter or numeric value on the right.  If they are full on and full off then try to calibrate the stick (yes, once again) this time take time to move the stick in circles (x,y), twisting back and forth (z rotation), throttle (up and down), and every other slider and dial (including those on the throttle, returning them to center when done) on the entire stick before clicking okay.  Now, check the Mapping screen again and see if it shows properly.

Plan B:

Okay, this is all I've got.  Are there remnants in Vista from your old X52 installation?  Did you do and uninstall from X52 installation before installing the X52 Pro?  Check to see if Vista or Siatek customer service have recommendations on uninstalling old programs.  Then if you are pretty sure that the old drivers have been uninstalled, do a fresh install of the Pro.  Note* your machine may still recognize the Pro as the old model (my guess)  Read the Readme or installation guide to see when the stick should be plugged in:  prior to driver installation or after / this may be an important step.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:59:33 PM by Chilli »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
Heeh, sounds like Thomas might be a better "stick" than you  :D

Before doing anything below, try this in order to see if you see any difference in between:

Try the stick on another system if available preferably one that the other stick had not been installed, but in any case worth a try to see if there might be a conflict on your system with another USB device.

In the Advanced Controller Mapping screen, look at the top and see of the slider screen and see if it says "........ Mode 1".  Move the rudder and see if it is full on and full off by watching the meter or numeric value on the right.  If they are full on and full off then try to calibrate the stick (yes, once again) this time take time to move the stick in circles (x,y), twisting back and forth (z rotation), throttle (up and down), and every other slider and dial (including those on the throttle, returning them to center when done) on the entire stick before clicking okay.  Now, check the Mapping screen again and see if it shows properly.

Plan B:

Okay, this is all I've got.  Are there remnants in Vista from your old X52 installation?  Did you do and uninstall from X52 installation before installing the X52 Pro?  Check to see if Vista or Siatek customer service have recommendations on uninstalling old programs.  Then if you are pretty sure that the old drivers have been uninstalled, do a fresh install of the Pro.  Note* your machine may still recognize the Pro as the old model (my guess)  Read the Readme or installation guide to see when the stick should be plugged in:  prior to driver installation or after / this may be an important step.

Did all but Plan B yesterday. Plan B is for tonight, unless I decide to do something stupid  like... Get some sleep. :D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
I believe that you have been blessed with a wonderful and thoughtful wife to have chosen a gift that you would enjoy.  Having said that, I have a question for the "both" of you.  Wouldn't it be nice if her gift turned out to be a two fer?  ( < meaning:  by buying you such a wonderful gift, you discovered that you are able to connect rudder pedals to the old X52 and the new gift could be exchanged for something you had intended to add on later in the form of flight pedals).

I agree 100% Judy has always been very supportive of my on-line flying. That's why I'd prefer to get the stick she purchased me working. Since she was kind enough to get me a gift that would enhance my hobby. Not to mention I could also give the X52 to my son Thomas and hopefully get him flying with us. So I'd like to get the stick problem resolved if at all possible.

Hmmmmm, or maybe your wife did something to it to torture you? Muahahahahaha  :devil :devil :devil
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Eldorado74

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »
dedalos, I totally agree! :aok

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
Calm down there Von, he didn't ask about your marital problems.  :D  Bumped your post to "premature ejection" thread. :rofl

I told your wife to keep quiet.  She only got shortchanged cause you were coming home early.   I'll make it up to her later.

(I do not recommend editing registry ever

About the same advice I would expect.  You are probably of the same school of thought as the "Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" softies.   

I never listened to them, either.  :devil     Live a little....... 

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 11:09:10 AM »
Not to mention I could also give the X52 to my son Thomas and hopefully get him flying with us.

Why?  So he can kick your arse, too?    :D     You know that's what your children wind up doing.  That's why I haven't gotten Giovanni involved in AH2, yet.   :devil

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 11:18:54 AM »
Why?  So he can kick your arse, too?  

Yeah well... Why should JG-11 and teh tardwhackers have all the fun?