Author Topic: Moving Into Week 3  (Read 420 times)

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
Moving Into Week 3
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:08:09 PM »
So bug, what do we have to look forward to in week 3?

Plane sets are currently well balanced, though having control of our fleets is a big advantage for us.

For the third week I would suggest you allow me to pass on some route info for them but not let us control them. The big guns on the cruisers are just too big of a temptation for some. So the fleets will end up on the shore line with the Axis lifting into flak.

The Allies having both super heavy bombers and a navy along with the usual y numbers advantage is just going to be too much in our favor. Yes I understand the allies ended up with those advantages historically, but it will make for an even more one sided contest.

Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Moving Into Week 3
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:43:07 AM »
For the third week I would suggest you allow me to pass on some route info for them but not let us control them. The big guns on the cruisers are just too big of a temptation for some. So the fleets will end up on the shore line with the Axis lifting into flak.

Good idea, I don't know why some people just can't seem to grasp the concept of keeping this thing playable for both sides. Winning with an overwhelming weapons advantage isn't something to brag about or feel good about. If there's no way to keep the fleets from becoming tard tools they should be kept under staff control.

The Allies having both super heavy bombers and a navy along with the usual y numbers advantage is just going to be too much in our favor.

I'd like to see this thing limited to medium bombers, but then again I'm not a bomber guy. Would the Axis having better ground vehicles offset the buff advantage?

I missed last week because of work, but I was pleasnetly suprised to see the numbers yesterday evening. Especially since the numbers included both war fighters and furballers. This current war type seems to be closer to allowing both camps to participate than any other so far.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:05:04 AM »
are planes disabled on the carriers?

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:26:51 AM »
They're disabled on most of the carriers.

On the fleets that spawn from the sea bases we actively control you can launch F4F's, SDB's Seafires, and landing craft. The other carriers all you can do is land and re-arm, man the guns, and fire the cruiser guns.

It's historically accurate. The british navy was the only thing that really kept them going in north africa. The ran all through the med. We just don't have the tools to let the axis fight that part of the war the way they did in real life. Our fleets are just unopposed out there.

As for advantages on the ground making up for it in the air, maybe if the numbers were closer to being even it would. The allies though do have a numbers advantage so trading bigger tanks for heavy bombers and a navy doesn't balance out well for the Axis.
Drackson

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
One other thing I would ask for though is that the map not be reset. I want to build on the captures we've already made.
Drackson

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »
Will be responding to this soon, just have to get enough time. 

Didn't want to think you were being ignored, because I appreciate the input.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 11:56:28 PM »
Sorry, was learning about arena setups from Easycor and got to be late so gonna be brief here. 

Tomorrow I will just be making some planeset modifications and will define it better tomorrow.

I am already looking ahead to the next one, planning on Italy Campaign, but hope to be a little more structured with all the crap I've learned over the last few days.

Got to hit the hay way too late for me, but will keep you guys posted. <S>
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane