Author Topic: Windows Live Mail  (Read 389 times)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Windows Live Mail
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:03:37 AM »
I'm not sure how anything relating to windows can be referred to as "live" but I'm just posting this to see if anyone else is having issues with it.
Personally I use Thunderbird, but Sarah up until today used WLM. She was often having frustrating issues with system performance to the point of her wanting to hit her computer with something hard, heavy and sharp.
I narrowed it down to this email client sucking up incredible amounts of CPU so she's now running T'Bird and all is well.
Anyone else having issues with this?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Windows Live Mail
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:20:31 PM »
I signed on to that to use Microsoft Money and then went to Quicken. The darn thing pops up everytime I go to the internet. Would really like to get rid of it. Anyone know how?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: Windows Live Mail
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »
I've migrated to just using Google Mail.  I have all my various email accounts forward to my gmail account and I yet I can send mail via my gmail acct with my main email addy ryan@blahblahsdalf;klasdfk.com

I prefer gmail's simple interface and integration with other good products.  Plus I don't have to worry about backing up my email when I wipe my hard drives.  Their spam filter works pretty good too.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either