Author Topic: Movie Making Tutorial - The Basics  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Movie Making Tutorial - The Basics
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »
Is WWM more user friendly than Vegas Pro 9?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 10:36:28 PM »
Ok, let me get this straight, FRAPS records in AVI or some other codec that is accepted by WMM.....
How can I just take what I have from the saved camera shots and get them into WMM?

I want to use Power Director or whatever else it is I have, but I'm at the in-laws playing with this thing and they have Vista which I cannot install my PD on that I got last year with my DVD burner, so WMM it is for me, go figure.

BTW, thanks 1pLUs44, now I just have to convince the chief financial officer of the house to let me download and buy FRAPS.

I just put up basically how I do it. I find FRAPS easiest just because it has everything I need to get me started right there.  :aok

The WMM will probably take just about anything.

As for Vegas Pro 9, I wouldn't know, WMM is really easy for the most part. Most of the stuff on it is common sense.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 07:41:06 AM »
640x480 isn't bad for a video.  Remember, standard screen DVD's are rendered at 640x480 or 720x480 for widescreen.  Every AH movie I've done is been 720x480.  I prefer WMV 9 codec at either 90 or 93%.  Anything higher % wise is going to dramatically increase the file size of the movie without much quality gain.  Say a 5 min movie is 50mb at 90% and it would be probably close to 150mb at 97% quality.

Ok, glad you told me that, because I wasn't sure which codec or % to use.  Is the file size that much of an issue when you're posting on a site?

Thanks 1pLUs44, from what Fulmar told me, I'm going to have to hold off on FRAPS for a while and just cope with the fact that the quality won't be as good.

Look for my first video posting on Friday at the latest, or so I hope.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:40 AM »
Is WWM more user friendly than Vegas Pro 9?
Very very much so.

WMM 9 is about as vanilla as they come with movie makers.  One you get a hold of how to do things in WMM 9 and do it fairly well is when I'd just ship to Vegas if you wanted to buy it.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
how long does it take youtube to process a film?

ok forget that question.  it says "failed unable to convert video file"

what I did was copy parts of ah2 films with fraps and then combined them with moviemaker. But will not convert to youtube.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:13:10 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 10:39:37 PM »
OK i hardly ever give up on something but just about there on this film making deal. Maybe its a vista issue. seems like everything seems easy for everyone else but vista seems to cause a lot of problems finding and doing stuff. Anyhow I have been able to get a movie made using fraps and moviemaker in combo just can't seem to get it where anyone else can see it. Tried youtube route and got "it says "failed unable to convert video file"".Tried the Vimeo route and can't seem to get to my video to upload it. Say for instance I have something saved on desktop but when I browse the desktop half the stuff on the desktop does not show up. I can't even find the moviemaker from the browser function. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 08:54:31 AM »
I dunno cuz I used Vista to do mine at my in-laws house. 
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 06:58:37 AM »
This would make a good sticky :aok or put into the trainers area writeups
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Ponyace

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
Wow, this is great help, Plus,
One question, though, how do you get music in your videos. I have an Ipod account, but cant get songs from there to the video. Is there a way to do it, or should I just abandon it altogether?
Gatore
Formerly "Ponyace"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 01:19:34 AM »
Wow, this is great help, Plus,
One question, though, how do you get music in your videos. I have an Ipod account, but cant get songs from there to the video. Is there a way to do it, or should I just abandon it altogether?
It's either Windows Movie Maker doesn't support the .mp4 file format or Itunes DRM is preventing it, or both.
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Ponyace

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 06:35:45 AM »
Ok, so how do I get music for the movie, then?
Gatore
Formerly "Ponyace"

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »
All of my music is from CD's that I have, I get them from "My Music" in the My Documents folder.

I know there is a way you can convert the MP4 format to MP3 or something like that using a type of Window's converting thing. (That is either already on your computer or comes with WMM)
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 06:34:09 PM »
i see your out of jail plus
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »
Fraps download doesn't seem to work.  Hitting the Video Capture Hotkey,  It never goes 'red'  to indicate recording.  Just bounces from a  white  '1'  then back to yellow.

Also,  using Aces High Film Viewer to save to AVI  doesnt seem to want to play either...

Suggestions?
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 08:35:19 PM »
Fraps download doesn't seem to work.  Hitting the Video Capture Hotkey,  It never goes 'red'  to indicate recording.  Just bounces from a  white  '1'  then back to yellow.

Also,  using Aces High Film Viewer to save to AVI  doesnt seem to want to play either...

Suggestions?
What key do you have assigned to record?