Author Topic: Black 6 crash cause?  (Read 8706 times)

Offline Gunter Scholz

• Zinc Member
Re: Black 6 crash cause?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 03:41:23 AM »
Heh, I find it amusing that Milo see me behind every post he disagrees with. Talk about paranoia *lol*. Oh I AM indeed around here still, but Schlowy I am not:lol

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 04:03:43 AM »
Heh, I find it amusing that Milo see me behind every post he disagrees with. Talk about paranoia *lol*. Oh I AM indeed around here still, but Schlowy I am not:lol

Eh, names are close enough! lol.  :D

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 04:29:47 AM »
This is too easy,
English secret service ordered the guy to crash it so that England wouldn't be proven to be a nation of liars with their 1001 lieing documentaries that put thoughts in peeps heads like 109's were difficult to land.

That being said, powerful 109 Engines do tend to flip light weight 109's. All 109 pilots knew not to do large sudden changes in the throttle while landing. As opposed to the weak stuff, for example a spitfire, a guy could jam the throttle back and forth all day and not be able to flip it if he tried.

Had the plane been tested by a team of non partial judges, it would have far out flown any English written stats - especially those by the lieing liar Eric Brown.

Some 5% of 109's were lost in landing accidents, - however that doesn't necessarily have to be a worse % than on similar aircraft from the era.
That said, german aces quoting on the landing of Spitfires and Hurricanes that they got to test, well they claim them to be much easier in that respect.
Oh, Scholzie, you're back? If you are, I'd appreciate your help on something...norse ;)
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 04:39:09 AM »
Oh, Scholzie, maybe Schlowy is ...Izzy?  :devil
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Gunter Scholz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 04:52:08 AM »
Naw, if I had to venture a guess I'd say Schlowy is from an English speaking country.

What Norse problem do you need my help with? :)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 05:25:28 AM »
Don't want to hijack, so to all I humbly excuse.
The Norse issue, you solved for me before, but I lost it from my HD.
I was once looking for seeds for a flower meadow, - "Blomsterenge", and you did provide me with some N-Norwegian links.
Now I have found some english connection for this, but N-Norwegian species are much more hardy, and maybe some sorts are available that are not in the UK.
Can I PM you?

Offline Gunter Scholz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 06:05:22 AM »
Heh, you can try ... I don't know how long until Skuzzy gives Gunter the boot again. ;)

(Don't you have my email?)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 06:48:08 AM »
uhmmm...can check.
Just behave, and no boot :D

Offline Gunter Scholz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 07:02:46 AM »
No, I fear Skuzzy and me are beyond that now.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 07:17:30 AM »
Well, we know the viking blood can be a tad hard to keep...calm  :devil

Offline Gunter Scholz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »
Indeed  ;)

Offline Schlowy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »
Its soooo simple:
High powered 109s, don't put full throttle from idle and ya wont flip the plane. Same probly goes for don't drop throttle from full to idle either to fast either, might flip it. Now lets see facts in a positive light - high power with low weight usually equals speed. As for the gear mechanisms being closer to center axis, this meant better roll rates, but also is negatively interpreted as 'dangerous landing' only.

Haters of the 109s run their mouths a bout 'landing probs,' but they don't dare mention the positive that this meant higher speed and faster roll rates.
And the plane was crashed for that reason - to hide the positive part, so that it can't be proven.

National Pride translated into National Reputation and Security.
Its like the olympics, the planes were the best the countries could come up with, representative of the countries as a whole. Probs magnify because saying the spit is better or not, doesn't mean USA didn't save thier butts. England's secret service saw that tiny lil 60year ole plane as a threat to its dignity, history, reputation, and security. Proving Eric Brown a liar is proving England a liar for supporting and allowing him to record his trash. No nation wants to be known for twisting facts. And ofcourse England being able to 'hold its own' in reputation and military power has to do with its security now... Imagine the arabs saying 'Well, England said blah blah, but you know how those English lie..."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:12:59 PM by Schlowy »
if the BoB is proof the spitty was better, then the Battle of Dieppe is proof the 109 was better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieppe_Raid
Shane said in game 'oh the nazi kid' referring to me...
Lynx got in it saying 'yawn' and then calling me 'tw@' again...
I got chat

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »
Its soooo simple:
High powered 109s, don't put full throttle from idle and ya wont flip the plane. Same probly goes for don't drop throttle from full to idle either to fast either, might flip it. Now lets see facts in a positive light - high power with low weight usually equals speed. As for the gear mechanisms being closer to center axis, this meant better roll rates, but also is negatively interpreted as 'dangerous landing' only.

Haters of the 109s run their mouths a bout 'landing probs,' but they don't dare mention the positive that this meant higher speed and faster roll rates.
And the plane was crashed for that reason - to hide the positive part, so that it can't be proven.

Its like the olympics, the planes were the best the countries could come up with, representative of the countries as a whole. Probs magnify because saying the spit is better or not, doesn't mean USA didn't save thier butts. England's secret service saw that tiny lil 60year ole plane as a threat to its dignity, history, reputation, and security. Proving Eric Brown a liar is proving England a liar for supporting and allowing him to record his trash. No nation wants to be known for twisting facts. And ofcourse England being able to 'hold its own' in reputation and military power has to do with its security now... Imagine the arabs saying 'Well, England said blah blah, but you know how those English lie..."
What are you smoking? You know the 109 was hard to land every 1 dose stop making up lies. The 109 was one of the best fighters of WW2 but it had it problems every plane dose. 
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
Its soooo simple:

Do you write for Rosie ODonnell?  :rofl
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 04:27:41 PM »
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.