Author Topic: Record Quality  (Read 382 times)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Record Quality
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »
When i am playing and i am recording dose what i have my video card settings change what the film looks like?
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Re: Record Quality
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
Are you asking, does your current video card settings used have any affect on the quality of the recorded film? Are you talking about your global card settings (eg set in windows), or are your talking about graphic detail options set in the game (resolution, effects, detail sliders etc)??

In so far as what actually gets recorded in the AHF file, i dont think either make any difference.  I think you might want to ask someone like skuzzy tho.

The quality of the film playback in the viewer will likely be dependent on the windows settings at least. I don't think they're dependent on the game settings tho, but I'm not sure on this. Again, you might want to ask someone like skuzzy tho in the technical help section.

Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »
As I understand it, the film recorder records the data from the game.  The film viewer uses the game engine to view the film. 

I had heard that you can fly with lower graphics setting for smooth flight online, and when you're offline, set you graphics way up and playback the film and it will be better quality.  I have not tried this...yet.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:16:53 AM »
When "recording" the film it doesn't matter the settings. All information is recorded, more than we'll ever see. (thats why its said to send films in when reporting stuff, its not just for evidence)

When "viewing" the films it DOES matter what your game settings and video can handle. Same as in the game, if you crank up the eye candy and your game stutters, so will your film viewing.