Author Topic: HTC The Maps in the MA are Lame  (Read 1218 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: HTC The Maps in the MA are Lame
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 08:02:19 AM »
Making a map is fine however makeing one that HTC will aprove for the MA is another story. I was creating a very cool one (IMO) that was a north africa type map however what i took from my conversation with skuzzy over this matter was that i was "SOL" they would never use any map useing sand color for the ground. Even though they will use a sand colored map in the special events arena.HTC says that spacial orientation while flying was to difficult over any sand colored map.Oh well so much for that.

i don't get it? it's the same over water.....and on some of these maps there are plenty of fights ovr water......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 08:44:09 AM »
Suck it up, first you want big maps, then smaller maps, then big maps AGAIN! Good lord....  :furious :furious

(I'm on meds from being back from the hospital...)
There is only one good fight in this map that we have now. You have to be on the right side of the map just to get to it; it just so happens thats its a carrier fight off 111. Its always the same thing off country "Fight off 111 again.". The big huge map is alright, there is good on both sides, furballin and good GV battles, but just no one will ever win that map. Both TT(Tank Town) maps are alright, as long as they don't take the TT(Tank Town) itself.
I think there biggest problem with the rotation now is because of TT(Titanic Tuesday) which, IMO, is not even worth going to anymore. They play the same map with the carrier fight off 111, and you never swich to another side of the map.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 08:49:50 AM »
I think what 2fo meant by this is the fact that it makes no sense what so ever to put 2 of the same exact maps in both LW arenas.  IMO..this has been consistant ever since "titanic tues" has taken effect..by default, it gets switched to the big map and stays there.
I agree with twenty, even though we have the same ol maps in rotation, better attention should be made  that the same exact map should  never happen in both LW arenas.

I think it makes perfect sense !! All those people who are complaining about not being able to get into "Blue" now get the joy of flying the same map in "Orange" !!! That way they are not missing out on anything!!! Great plan HTC ! :aok

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 09:10:14 AM »
I think one issue making the maps stale is the lack of the weekly reset.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
Making a map is fine however makeing one that HTC will aprove for the MA is another story. I was creating a very cool one (IMO) that was a north africa type map however what i took from my conversation with skuzzy over this matter was that i was "SOL" they would never use any map useing sand color for the ground. Even though they will use a sand colored map in the special events arena.HTC says that spacial orientation while flying was to difficult over any sand colored map.Oh well so much for that.

Well I for one am bloody sick of the green tile maps....I have flown on these stupid green tiles longer then the bloody War lasted .....how about some Sand???....some Snow??? ...at least a Bloody Fall terrain set????  ......Come on Skuzzy!!!!

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 10:05:44 AM »
I think what 2fo meant by this is the fact that it makes no sense what so ever to put 2 of the same exact maps in both LW arenas.  IMO..this has been consistant ever since "titanic tues" has taken effect..by default, it gets switched to the big map and stays there.
I agree with twenty, even though we have the same ol maps in rotation, better attention should be made  that the same exact map should  never happen in both LW arenas.

Oh yea. Well, HTC should do a tour or 2 with only old maps... That would be nice. No TT maps or nothing. Donut, Trinity...
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
I might be wrong but I thought that a map has to be updated to  the current equipment standard in order to be used. A map that is designed for the update that included the Sdkfz251 and P39 would have to be updated to included the latest version of the game. 

If this is true and the only problem with getting maps like Donut and Fencerma back, maybe a team can be set up to bring those up to current standards.

Skuzzy?  Any truth to this?
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 10:19:26 AM »

Oh yea. Well, HTC should do a tour or 2 with only old maps... That would be nice. No TT maps or nothing. Donut, Trinity...

Ummm... Trinity had a great tank town.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
I love all the maps with a center furball/TT area, gives you a good fight any time of the day :rock
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 01:37:50 PM »
People.... The solution is EXTREMELY simple!

Learn to use the Terrain Editor and you can have any terrain you want!
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »
After this last go round , it would be cool to have a lrg and sml map set , it is boring to play the same all the time . change is the spice of life . :devil

Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 01:02:04 AM »
Their is a New England map being made consesting of New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont , Main also parts of NY.It will be up to HTC to accept it or not.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs