Author Topic: Kind of a damning article on Palin  (Read 5333 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Re: Kind of a damning article on Palin
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 09:43:31 AM »
an article printed by MSNBC and written by the new york times...  that can't be unfair or biased against her now can it?

lazs

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
MSNBC is not the source of this article, it's the NYT.

Like the NYT is any better than MSNBC? Also, MSNBC has the article up on their website so they obviously don't mind smearing Sarah Palin either. ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
an article printed by MSNBC and written by the new york times...  that can't be unfair or biased against her now can it?

lazs
:angel: Pure as the driven snow. :angel:
See Rule #4

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Pretty revealing how the media and the dems try to destroy any woman or person of color who has a chance to make it big but defends white guys like Bill Clinton, and glosses over moral creeps like John Edwards just because they have a common political view.  They also claim that Republicans are racist, judgmental, and want to keep women and people of color down.  Seems like every time I turn around it is the reverse, with the exception of the empty headed senator from Illinois of course.
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 10:11:51 AM »
yep.. if we don't want billary then we hate and fear women but if we like Palin we are stupid hicks...

If we don't want osamabama we are racists but if we want Clarence Thomas we are evil and stupid.

They decide who is woman enough and who is negro enough.

lazs

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
You guys do realize that attacking the NYT does nothing to discredit the article, right?  It's called an ad hominem. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 10:36:05 AM »
just saying it is a new york times article discredits it.

In exactly the same way that saying it is a National enquirer article on aliens or monkey boys does.

The new york times came out and endorsed osamabama months ago and has worked tirelessly for him..

lazs

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »
just saying it is a new york times article discredits it.

In exactly the same way that saying it is a National enquirer article on aliens or monkey boys does.

The new york times came out and endorsed osamabama months ago and has worked tirelessly for him..

lazs

Wrong lazs.  If the National Enquirer says "2+2=4," you better believe it.  This is a matter of logic and reason, not politics.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »
You're right, we have nothing to worry about from religious leaders.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1007-03.htm

Unlike the athiest leaders who have murdered tens of millions. Them you might want to worry about.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »
Wrong lazs.  If the National Enquirer says "2+2=4," you better believe it.  This is a matter of logic and reason, not politics.
Correct, and when the NYT say "they endorse osamabama" you better believe it.  It's not logic or reason with them... it's POLITICS. 
See Rule #4

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »

Facts are often used to distort the truth. Al Gore even used a couple (giving him the benefit of the doubt) to scare his GWA followers into repentance. Looking at only certain "facts" is not logic and reason.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
Facts are often used to distort the truth. Al Gore even used a couple (giving him the benefit of the doubt) to scare his GWA followers into repentance. Looking at only certain "facts" is not logic and reason.

Of course not.

But we weren't debating facts.  I was pointing out an informal fallacy, which pertains to the rules of inference for a sound argument.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 11:18:39 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26691018

I know this isn't going to change any minds, but I thought it was interesting.  I don't know if I am willing to vote for McCain with her on the ticket.  To be honest, it doesn't matter who I vote for anyway, since Obama is going to win MD pretty handily, but I think I'll be voting for a 3rd party again this time around.
Unfortunately Urch, if one gets to that position, they eventually gain this mindset:

Interviews show that Ms. Palin runs an administration that puts a premium on loyalty and secrecy. The governor and her top officials sometimes use personal e-mail accounts for state business; dozens of e-mail messages obtained by The New York Times show that her staff members studied whether that could allow them to circumvent subpoenas seeking public records.

It is the nature of the business from our two strongest parties.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
yep.. if we don't want billary then we hate and fear women but if we like Palin we are stupid hicks...

If we don't want osamabama we are racists but if we want Clarence Thomas we are evil and stupid.

They decide who is woman enough and who is negro enough.

lazs

This from a guy who calls the Environment Protection Agency "scum bags".

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 11:28:02 AM »
This from a guy who calls the Environment Protection Agency "scum bags".
And????
See Rule #4