Author Topic: Awesome Manuever Performed by a Jug  (Read 1383 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: Awesome Manuever Performed by a Jug
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 08:07:14 AM »
*grabs my soda* Time to start practicing this move.  :cool: Well done lilmak, we must fly together sometime sir.  :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 08:50:10 AM »
Yucca, Nomde, and I went to the train area, just to help me with the move in the jug a couple years ago.  That was the first move they showed me and it is Yuccas favorite.  When ever I come zooming in on a jug and see that happen.  You will notice a bounce and then they go straight up, I know I am going against an very good Jug pilot.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:27 AM »
*grabs my soda* Time to start practicing this move.  :cool: Well done lilmak, we must fly together sometime sir.  :aok

I'm probably not a very good wingman as I'm usually buzzing around by myself into large dar bars, picking pickers, and at the front of a long red conga lines. I fly pretty stupid and get myself into situations I probably should avoid. But making it out of dire situations with 6 scalps and holes in my Thunderbolt once every 10 or so flights is where I get most of my AH kicks. Doing this is a great way to get good in the monster though.

I'm always willing to wing up with other Jug sticks and work on it when I can so, if you see me on, give me a shout and we'll hook up.  :salute
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline GrimWulf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12:57 PM »
The Thunderbolt is one of my favorites and I hope that this thread has stirred up some more interest in the American Workhorses. LilMak again  :salute on a job well done. I did think I was in for an easy kill and you completely turned the tables on me and I must say a job well done. Now that the cat is outta bag I hope that I will recognize this maneuver in the future for what it is and hope I will be able to use it someday.   :aok
"Know that I am the one you seek. I am the one born to rule, destined to conquer. Let those who fear me follow me. Let those who oppose me die! For I am the GrimWulf, and this I command!

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »
Yea, maybe it will attract some P47 pilots to the 84th FS....   :cool:  ( I dare you to click the links in my siggie  :t )

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »
The film that I would like to see is were a Jug ges up into a stall, three notches of flaps and hits rudder, just before the stall. What it does is a complete 360 and it gives you a wiked snapshot on the guy on your tail.
Anyone have a film?

You talkin bout the one i showed ya?

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »
You talkin bout the one i showed ya?

I still don't know it, but yea, that one.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 12:07:18 PM »
Film when Shane is near by or get his humble self to send you some film. I think Drex use to be a master of this as well. Regardless Shane wacked me w/my KI vrs his 47 using this.... <S>

Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu