Author Topic: Fw 190 AoA  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Re: Fw 190 AoA
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »
"movement of CoG"

I don't mean with this that the CoG would actually move around but its behaviour in relation to other forces affecting the airframe.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Schlowy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 10:14:04 AM »
Yahoo search 'captain eric brown liar' and you'll get all kinds of hits.
if the BoB is proof the spitty was better, then the Battle of Dieppe is proof the 109 was better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieppe_Raid
Shane said in game 'oh the nazi kid' referring to me...
Lynx got in it saying 'yawn' and then calling me 'tw@' again...
I got chat

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 10:40:39 AM »
So, we can only assume that the lightest loaded A8 is still heavier than the heaviest loaded A5.  Considering that the wing area is at least similar, then the lower aoa of the A8 is no great mystery.

Anax, what's the weights as shown on the E6B at the different loading conditions?  No need to guesstimate when you've got the data.  Ultimately, the key is whether or not the weights are different.  If the A8 is higher, even at the lower loading condition, then wingloading is higher = higher stall speeds.

Schlowy, if you don't have anything productive to add to the discussion, stay out.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 10:48:51 AM »
Yahoo search 'captain eric brown liar' and you'll get all kinds of hits.

lol, what does that have to do this thread and why do you dislike Eric Erown? Especially considering he thought the 190D was a fantastic aircraft.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:59:13 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 10:53:35 AM »
190A-5 with 100% fuel and outboard cannons: 8760 lbs
190A-8 with  25% fuel, only two cannons: 8600 lbs

If you delete the outboard cannons on the A-5, 8584 lbs.

Again, why won't HT let me tie a piece of string to my wingtip for an AoA indicator? :D
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
If you delete the outboard cannons on the A-5, 8584 lbs.

Again, why won't HT let me tie a piece of string to my wingtip for an AoA indicator? :D

Sorry, I should have paid more attention to that post.  Assuming all other things are equal, the A8 at the same loading condition, should turn as well as the A5, i.e. not be more "insta-floppy".  I don't know much about how the airframe was modified (control surfaces and stations) between the A5 and A8, so I could be mistaken.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Schlowy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 02:57:47 PM »
Bottom of page 2, Charge put a link to an eric brown source. The guy shouldn't be used as a source, he's a proven liar.

Stoney, I didn't mean to interupt the thread, I'm not a gold or platium member!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:06:28 PM by Schlowy »
if the BoB is proof the spitty was better, then the Battle of Dieppe is proof the 109 was better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieppe_Raid
Shane said in game 'oh the nazi kid' referring to me...
Lynx got in it saying 'yawn' and then calling me 'tw@' again...
I got chat

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »
Getting back to CoG, it will "slide" with "G".
A delicate CoG will give very delicate control with the drawback of a vicious departure.
I have quite a bit of info on this...
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
Getting back to CoG, it will "slide" with "G"...I have quite a bit of info on this...

How does the CG "slide"?

HiTech

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 09:23:15 PM »
But an aft CG lowers stall speed so would help a tiny bit in the turn department.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 04:41:01 AM »
"But an aft CG lowers stall speed so would help a tiny bit in the turn department."

Please read Stoney's post on the first page.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 06:08:33 AM »
CG "Slide" is maybe not a good enough term, - I need a better word. I'll look it up ASAP.
It was a problem with the SpitV, and was cured on that model. I have a chapter or two on this in different books.
They had to be balanced off a little, and the elevator controls were made a tad heavier.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)