Author Topic: "Don't move your controls so fast"  (Read 165 times)

AKSeaWulfe

"Don't move your controls so fast"
« on: January 01, 2000, 11:01:00 PM »
While I can see the point to this, it's also extremely annoying. While taking off, my field was under attack, so I turned to a 51 and tried to line up a shot. I was jockying the rudder a bit, then all of a sudden.. NO CONTROLS. I thought "WTF?!" THen see the message "Don't move your controls so fast". C'mon.. the guy gets an easy kill because I have no control over my plane. Isn't there any other compromise that you can come up with at HTC? Killing the controls for a few seconds just isn't the answer, especially when the movements are so minimal (and it was the rudder.. moving maybe a degree each way.. can't you set if statements to test for "if movement>30% movement==null" or something like that?
-SW

-towd_

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2000, 11:22:00 PM »
i feel for ya ,but when i dumped my sidewinder (all ms products are crap) and got a intergraph 39 buck stick i havent had the message in 2 months

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2000, 11:47:00 PM »
It actually was that I was moving my controls "quickly" but it was solely my rudder in an attempt to line up my guns on the enemy. I don't use Micros*** products. I use CH gear and a TM WCS MkII throttle. It's really just a matter of defining what IS moving too far too quick and what isn't-- not neccesarily moving just too quick.
-SW
(trying to constructive criticism here)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2000, 11:56:00 PM »
Got to say here that I've almost completely quit using rudder (keyboard rudders..), because there high risk to get that anti stick-stir slam on after some simple maneuver, which sure doesnt make plane stick stir hop around (hammer head is good example..)

Also, this anti stick-stir doesnt really help with stick stirrers, god knows how many times ive seen it done, and how I've managed to stir the stick when I did test is it possible.

Get rid of anti stick-stir, its more of annoy for fair players than for good use.