Author Topic: Possible bugs IL2/F6F/N1k2  (Read 422 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Possible bugs IL2/F6F/N1k2
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:16:06 PM »
Possible bugs (some for sure) on 3 of the new plane models. I won't mention the 262 RPM, as there's another thread for that already.

N1k2:
- insturments show 100mph too slow for any given speed. Check the E6B for real speed.
- rolls like total crap. Feels like a fully loaded lancaster trying to do a barrel roll at 225mph with 50% fuel offline

F6F:
- rolls as slowly as N1k2, general feel is extremely sluggish with CT off and 50-75% fuel. Barely able to pull lead on the offline drones while doing a fair clip (250+mph), not at all like previous version of F6F
- Head position can't move forward hardly at all. Unable to look rear/left, rear, and rear/right

IL2:
- Extremely light and nimble. Felt no ill effects on takeoff or climbout offline until almost stalled out (none until stall buzzer sounded). I was able to chop throttle at 120mph, go into a downward left spiral and stomp full left rudder and showed not even the slightest tendency to yaw inward or spin out until I goosed the throttle a minute amount. After that point it got squirrely until I eased up on the rudder. Until then it was on rails.
- Ailerons go to almost full down deflection when stick is only about halfway. They start deflecting down a little then just go almost full down (it's smooth though, not jerky) -- graphical only, does not affect flight
-Odd red outline around ammo counters. Not sure if bug or just feature that only shows up from some angles. Looks bright/pure red.
- Head cannot move forward much/at-all. Cannot look out your own side slit-windows in cockpit, let alone rear/left and rear/right.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Possible bugs IL2/F6F/N1k2
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »
I have nothing to contribute other than, I fly the N1K2 alot, and I really noticed no difference in the roll rate -- yea it sux, and always has :)  but, its pretty much the same, as far as I can tell.

the airspeed indicator is botched tho indeed: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,247411.0.html

and, cant get yer head forward past the metal plates in the IL2, indeed.

have no weird red outlines on ammo counters tho that i noticed...

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 08:59:47 PM »
and about the il2. the guns seem MUCH stronger. lost an M4 today to a single pass from an il2 strafing me.....should have it on film, if i can figure out to post film and i have it, i will post it. :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
    Uber, just be advised the il-2 has a new 37mm gun option now..probably what
happened.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
and about the il2. the guns seem MUCH stronger. lost an M4 today to a single pass from an il2 strafing me.....should have it on film, if i can figure out to post film and i have it, i will post it. :salute

Heehehe.. I think that was me. :)

The IL2 is tank-buster supreme now, with the 37mm's.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:45:28 PM »
    Uber, just be advised the il-2 has a new 37mm gun option now..probably what
happened.
i never looked at the gun. thought it was still the 23mm, my bad, sorry for the confusion!  :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato