Author Topic: consistant warp when range shows  (Read 142 times)

Offline Bohica

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.concentric.net/~weingram
consistant warp when range shows
« on: October 02, 1999, 07:51:00 AM »
several people in my squad have reported the same issue as I am attempting to describe here:

The scenario is that you are chasing a dot to find out whether it is friendly or hostile.  If it is hostile, invariably the dot seams to warp away, then warp across the sky with the icon over it and then resume its position.  If you keep driving at its last known position, it will return there, but it is disconcerting, also if the dot was PULLING AWAY from you and disappeared, you may be driving at the same point in space till you are blue in the face never to see it return, having been suckered in by the above mentioned warp.

I assume this is a known warp that will be fixed later, infact I feel silly posting a lot of things here, cause it is so early in the beta that I am just stating the obvious, most likely.

------------------
Bohica
900th Jaguars

P/O Buzzbe

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 1999, 07:46:00 PM »
I have noticed the same thing. Overall though, I do like hunting the contact down.

funked

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 1999, 12:27:00 AM »
PUNT!

chisel

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 1999, 01:12:00 AM »
ditto you see the dot, hit icon range, it disappears and warps pretty much to the same spot. Most disconcerting

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 1999, 03:49:00 AM »
I noticed this too.  Really spoils the "immersion" factor.  I can't stand the "black dot" deal either.  The icon distance readouts are way too fast when you get under 1k to the con.  Picking up a target's aspect at distance is extremely difficult in this game.  I fly in 1024x768.

Any "zoom" function is bogus, IMO.

------------------
cabby ++44th SOS++

[This message has been edited by cabby (edited 10-06-1999).]
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

funked

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 1999, 10:17:00 AM »
WB 1.x and 2.0 did this also as I recall.

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 1999, 10:24:00 AM »
This problem did not show up for me until last night. It was not there before. It is like something has changed in the game settings.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

funked

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 1999, 01:55:00 PM »
Cabby I don't actually mind the zooms, because all they do is bring the size (degrees of field of view for your eyeball) up to what you can see in real life.  

And I like the non-zoomed views.  Although they make objects look smaller than the real thang, they give us some peripheral vision.