Author Topic: Something's screwey with the PP system....  (Read 142 times)

Offline Specterx

• Zinc Member
Something's screwey with the PP system....
« on: January 31, 2001, 06:52:00 PM »
I was just in the MA defending A50 against an endless wave of CV launched chogs in my LA5. Before I finally ran out of ammo and died I received 7 kills - not only my best single mission yet, but all but two were C-hogs (the other 2 were TBM's) so I assumed that I would get a nice hefty supply of perk points (La5 is worth 30 points, chogs are worth 10).

7.5 perk points.

Now, not only is getting seven kills in one mission in any type of aircraft just a _little_ unusual, but each c-hog (I shot down 5) has a value of 10 - and doing the math I can prove that I should have received more perks.

Each chog was worth 10 points, and 30/10 = 3, so I should have received 15 perk points for the chogs alone. Add to that the two TBM's (30/40 = .75*2 = 1.5) and I should have gotten 16.5 points, yet I only received 7.5.

Can someone explain why? Or is the system's inability to multiply just another "quirk"

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2001, 07:51:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure that unless you land you only get a fraction of the points. Not sure what the multiplier is for dying though.

Bane
13th TAS

Offline Specterx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2001, 07:55:00 PM »

From the AH Perk Points page:

Also, landing your sortie will apply a 1.25 multiplier to your perk points.

If there is a modifier for dying, it isn't documented. Again doing the math, the modifier would have to be 2.2 - sort of an odd number (16.5/2.2 = 7.5).

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2001, 08:10:00 PM »
The scoring multiplier is in the game overview on the HTC website.  Here it is eath Multipliers

Landed  1.0
Discoed  0.25
Bailed   0.5
Ditched  0.75
Captured 0.4
Killed   0.25
Crashed  0.25

Not sure exactly how it all works, but that is what was on the website.  Go there and HT gives a very detailed explanation of how it all fits together.

Offline Specterx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2001, 09:33:00 PM »
Eddiek:

Those multipliers, and that page, are referring to the score. Perk points are calculated separately than from the score, and have different multiplier rules.

Even if that was referring to PP's, it still wouldn't work - 16.5*.25 = 4.125, not 7.5.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2001, 08:33:00 AM »
"Also, landing your sortie will apply a 1.25 multiplier to your perk points."

This is the only modifier that is documented for perk points.  Specterx, it does seem that something is wrong.  I would post what you found in the bug forum.

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
Erm, are you sure, complete;y sure that were F4U-1Cs and not F4U-1Ds.

I find the easiest way to tell is the yellow cowling ring, but you can only see that if you're in front, not a good place to be...

If they were Ds they they will be worth 30/28 or a little over 1.07 points. which would seem to put your score in the right range.

------------------
Graywolfe <tim@flibble.org>