Author Topic: FSO - OCT: Tunisia - The Verdun of the Mediterranean  (Read 1916 times)

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
Re: FSO - OCT: Tunisia - The Verdun of the Mediterranean
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 04:22:35 AM »
The Sherman's borked turret might even things up - assuming it hasn't been patched by then.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
Kind strange that this setup has a tank that was not in North Africa, the Firefly, and omits a tank that was there, the Tiger I. :P
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »
After discussing with some CMs who know a lot about GVs going to swap out the Tiger for the Panzer. Tigers were only available in very limited numbers in Tunisia and basically weren't used much do to maintenance issues and that the fact their heavy weight was not suited for the roads and environment.

However, I want to sort of have actual American armor versus German armor. Only choice on the American side is the Sherman VC (not there .. agreed wish we also had the more common place Sherman) and now will match versus the Tiger which should give a more balanced tank battle.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »
After discussing with some CMs who know a lot about GVs going to swap out the Tiger for the Panzer. Tigers were only available in very limited numbers in Tunisia and basically weren't used much do to maintenance issues and that the fact their heavy weight was not suited for the roads and environment.

However, I want to sort of have actual American armor versus German armor. Only choice on the American side is the Sherman VC (not there .. agreed wish we also had the more common place Sherman) and now will match versus the Tiger which should give a more balanced tank battle.

Meanwhile, over in the Wishlist forum, requests that HTC fill out the plane and vehicle set are met with, "but dude, it'll never see any use in the MA."   

:rolleyes:

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 07:54:50 AM »
Well we have gotten several planes recently that are good for the SEA but not really for the MA. The B25C/D, the P39D, etc. ... so I think HiTech does keep and eye on the SEA and realize tat we are actually pulling a good chunk of numbers. They just have to balance between adding planes that are good for events and additional ones that would be used in the SEA.
CM Terrain Team

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 10:29:39 AM »
Actually didn't we get those two planes because we voted for them?  #1 and #2 in the results of their pole a year and a half ago.

The Firefly,  WW and the T34/85 are the only two additions which were not voted for by Joe Q Public.

Everything else has been 3D Modeling updates.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 01:00:09 PM »
I know they were on the list .. but HTC is the one created the list to vote on. So they still gave us a mix of planes to express opinions over.
CM Terrain Team

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
Just a note everyone, I will be traveling to France during this event but will have internet access for the 2nd and 3rd frame. However, with this in mind I might scale back elements of the event.

Right now I am thinking of dropping my plans for a naval element which had Seafires, Martlets, Sea Hurricanes defending a convoy or possibly dropping the GV part of the event. With me traveling during the event it is better that I keep things simpler instead of more complex while traveling and trying to handle things while over seas.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I might not actually use parts of event that I was initially planning on.
CM Terrain Team

Offline ELD66

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »
613th Is looking forward to it!
 :salute
E1Diablo in game

Member of JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 05:26:53 PM »
I vote for dropping the GVs. My Marines are itching for some CV ops. ;)
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 08:59:14 PM »
I vote for dropping the GVs. My Marines are itching for some CV ops. ;)

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it until we get some non-perked allied tanks.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!