Author Topic: Distance Icons < 1.0K  (Read 188 times)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Distance Icons < 1.0K
« on: October 03, 1999, 05:43:00 PM »
The distance icons switch from 100 yard increments (1.3K, 1.2K, 1.1K, etc) to 1 yard increments (889, 888, 887).  This is very distracting, especially at the point where it  switches over.  The last digit usually moves too fast to read, so you can only use the left 2 digits.

I suggest leaving the distance icons in 1K yards, but add another digit when < 1.0K, ie .89K, .88K, .87K.  This is less distracting and probably more realistic as it gives distance accurrate to within only 10 yards, not 1 yard.

Great sim HiTech et al, I'm looking forward to becoming an AH addict.

--ra--

Granger

Distance Icons < 1.0K
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 1999, 08:21:00 AM »
I agree, it happens just at that all important time when you are lining up for a kill or get killed shot going head to head and does throw you off a bit.
On the other hand..whats worse is when the guy comin at ya starts spraying at 1k, closing fast its hard to spot his plane with all the tracers comin at ya. I have started opening up early than necessary for that very reason.

Granger
Leadslingers <AH>

Offline fats

• Copper Member
Distance Icons < 1.0K
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 1999, 10:57:00 AM »
Why not let everyone configure their own settings? Like number of digits to display, transparency, size, string formating and so forth.

Now before anyone says that stuff like size shouldn't be allowed cause it would let people set the neons so big no one can sneak up on them. True perhaps, but the option would be available to everyone and I recon that big neons would be rather distracting with 10+ planes around. Oh and there could/should be a limit to the max size.

//fats

chester

Distance Icons < 1.0K
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 1999, 07:08:00 AM »
How bout turning them OFF! only show enmy icons at say 3k