Author Topic: Hey guys...  (Read 874 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Hey guys...
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:54:36 AM »
I was just wondering if it were possible to get a squad koth going; Or perhaps a multiple squad koth event? Just wondering, my squad is looking forward to shooting at me.  :D

<S>

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: Hey guys...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »
I heard the other night at KOTH that AKDogg was talking about him getting a squad tatics KOTH going. I think what he said was that they are waiting on the new KOTH arena to start the squad KOTH.

we might as well start it here, to see what squads want to join this squad KOTH. Any squad has a for sure answer on squad KOTH to just say the squad name, thats all. Like I said the other night, I'm pretty sure that the Jokers Jokers will do it, but still unsure about it.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Re: Hey guys...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:18:02 PM »
Well, I am waiting for the Map to be released.  Its done, just needs to be uploaded the the arena server to be used.

The rules I am going to try to keep simple.  They will be similar to KOTH we have now with few exceptions.  1 obviously being able to have wingmans, ganging and squad vox.  Alt cap I think will be 8k.

I am going to request to that in order for a squad to participate, they need to have at least 4 to 6 members (Haven't decided a final # yet) up to 12 (again, not sure on max #).  If squad that registers with, lets say 6 pilots and the rest of the squads register with 10 or more, All squads will only be able to fly with 6.  This will keep the body count fair at the start. 

This event is going to require to be registered.  If u register with 6 pilots, 6 pilots better show up for the event for your squad or u forfeit.  If U show up with more, U ok but again, If a squad registered with 6 and u have 10, only 6 of your pilots will be able to fly at 1 time.  Now U can substitute pilots for others but only at the next round.

I going to try to describe the map to yas.  The map consist of a large circle in the middle with I believe 6-8 smaller circles around the large one.  The smaller circles are attached to the large circle by a canyon.  This is basically the only way to enter the large circle without going above 20+k.  Depending on how many squads sign up for this, the squads will take off from the airfields in the smaller circles.  There are 3 airfields per small circle.  3 squads will battle in that circle and then when 2 of the 3 squads are all dead, the winning squad travels through the canyon to the large circle to fight the other squads that one there initial battles.  now in the large circle, U maybe fights 4-maybe 15 other squads.  If u lose members in the small circles, u stuck with how ever many pilots u have left up for the Large circle.

I think the first event will be a test run to see how things are setup and what needs to be adjusted.  After that, we will start the competition for the year.  Not sure yet if it will be a TOC for squad, if we will do a point system like nascar or something like the NFL wins-lose-tie (ex. 8-2-0) type setup.

Ideas are welcomed.

I just started another thread about this with the proper subject line
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:20:06 PM by AKDogg »
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/