Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »
When MS loses backwards compatibility it loses its main advantage over competition. Now would be a good time to start coding for mac/linux.

I would love to see AH on a Mac.

I just got a MacBook, and I have never used a more reliable, or easy to use computer.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 04:54:45 PM »
would have thought the easiest way to make it faster would be to ditch all the super paranoid DRM rubbish.

Considering that was the entire point of Vista, I don't see that happening. Which is why I'll be hanging onto my XP copy well after "Windows 7" shows up.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 05:06:38 PM »
I dont know. I have two drives with Vista 64 on them both. The one with ONLY 64 bit programs (I even removed some of Windows bloatware) has a \WinXsX folder of 3.2 Gigs and the one with all the legacy programs and things has a \WinXsX folder of 20 Gigs! Program start times between the two is like night and day but both are plenty fast for gaming.

Also I discovered that many many programs bearing '64 bit version' arent really true 64 bit apps and Vista treats them like 32 bit apps (uninstall - recycle bin). You can find true 64 bit apps if you look hard.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »

Read about it here:

http://windows7news.com/2008/05/23/windows-7-to-break-backwards-compatibility/
ummm

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 08:20:35 PM »
Now thats funny!  :rofl

After more research it does not sound like Windows 7 will be much different from Vista at all and at least it will have a 64 bit version (32 bit also).

I am more excited about FS 11 then I am another windows version.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:27:36 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »
Of course not! It took them a DECADE to get this bloated piece of crap out the door. It tanks, obviously. What are they going to do? Slap a fresh coat of paint, make a new name (wanna bet it's "Mojave"?) and market it as the next best thing!

Lame part is it's a transparent thing to do. If folks stop to think that it took 10 years to MAKE the piece of crap to begin with, it's going to take a lot longer than a single year to fix it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 01:05:22 AM »
You have to admit though that the touch screen approach will be pretty sweet. I mean how many people dont care for typing and mice but point (literally) and drag will catch on to people that are far beyond learning anything technical (like me).  :frown:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 06:50:31 AM »
You have to admit though that the touch screen approach will be pretty sweet. I mean how many people dont care for typing and mice but point (literally) and drag will catch on to people that are far beyond learning anything technical (like me).  :frown:

What will be even sweeter is that touch screens are extremely rare and tag a price premium to cry for. 30" multitouch screen is 5 to 10 times more expensive than a regular one.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 07:30:57 AM »
Not to mention the longevity is 1/100th of a regular monitor the same size.  It will spawn a whole new industry of screen cleaners though.  Having to clean your monitor all the time will just be a hoot!  It will also spawn a whole new era of computer related medial problems as people strain to hold thier arms up all day long trying to type documents up.  The legal industry will love this!

Can't hardly wait! 

NOT!!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 09:07:42 AM »
Not to mention the longevity is 1/100th of a regular monitor the same size.  It will spawn a whole new industry of screen cleaners though.  Having to clean your monitor all the time will just be a hoot!  It will also spawn a whole new era of computer related medial problems as people strain to hold thier arms up all day long trying to type documents up.  The legal industry will love this!

Can't hardly wait! 

NOT!!
If there is one thing I absolutely hate it's a fingerprint on my monitor. It took months of slapping hands before people caught on not to touch the screen.

They go to touchscreens without an option to use the mouse and they can keep the OS. I already run Linux on a couple of machines, so it's wouldn't be a huge leap to convert every system I have.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 09:26:26 AM »
There has to be keyboard support.  Imagine trying to play Aces High II and having to use the monitor for all the key input.  Hehe.

Of course, I have long held that Microsoft is trying to kill gaming on the PC platform so they can sell more XBox systems.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 09:41:53 AM »
There has to be keyboard support.  Imagine trying to play Aces High II and having to use the monitor for all the key input.  Hehe.

Of course, I have long held that Microsoft is trying to kill gaming on the PC platform so they can sell more XBox systems.

Ok, deep down if you really could port to the XBox system keeping everything else the same without losing any functionality, like joy sticks, keyboard, mouse, on-line arenas ect would it not be worth it to avoid hardware/software issues that pop up? 

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »

Well... I'm glad I have a copy of Windows 2000. :D
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:39 AM »
ummm

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Use Google cache:

Linky

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 11:44:35 AM »
I have XBOX360, when do we get AH for it?  ;)
I am a spy!