Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 1541 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
I have XBOX360, when do we get AH for it?  ;)

Well they do run linux already on PS3 ..
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
Windows 7 is suppose to be released as a beta next month.  And this should let everyone know that we're just getting Vista repackaged...

In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 06:30:21 PM »
Seems like I'm holding onto XP Pro 32-bit for a few more years, maybe a decade at this rate. Oh well, so long as it's supported I'm fine, still beats a Mac.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:59 AM »
mojave is vista . Read up on it. Microsoft is trying to get everyone out of xp and into vista at the current time. The new wave is 64 bit and before anyone makes any assumptions on windows 7, wait till it comes out.Some people have no problems with vista most experience some problems. Windows 7 is supposed to be unbelivable for gaming but we will see if microsoft goofs this one up.
See Rule #6

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 03:13:06 AM »
The biggest thing now is you have the entire civilization running windows  98, windows 2000, windows me, windows xp and vista. Microsoft and hardware/software developers will have a difficult time making anything to with millions using multple operating systems. Microsoft has a master plan to render 98/2000/me /xp useless.  There is no more new xp being made for a long time now.They need to do this so they can use the operating system to be easily used with software/hardware. I think in 2 years 98/me/2000 and xp will be totally useless and we will be forced to go with vista or windows 7. The problem with vista is because of the complexity of hardware and software vista uses numerous libraries (files) and this makes computers not run efficiently. It is not as fast as anyone thought. Windows 7 is supposed to run differently.

I saw screen shots of windows 7 which looks a lot like vista. Microsoft should have made the entire look different so it would intrigue people and make them want to purchase it. Second, if they made it more affordable the mass population would migrate to windows 7 and make computer hardware/software designers and engineers jobs much easier.

All our bashing of microsoft is displeasure because we all run different os. It has to be a huge challenge to develop  a new os and I pray aces high works on it . Right now I run xp 32 bit and I am capable of running 64 bit.
See Rule #6

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 06:17:48 AM »
Nothing to do with us all runninng different OS'es.

Vista is at least equal to, if not worse than Windows Me, and I never though I would ever say that!!!

The fact they are rushing out Windows 7 (or whatever you want to call it), shows that MS realised they dropped a big one with Vista.
The only way they could force market penetration was by withdrawing XP from general sale.

Not backwards compatible - Hope it comes back to haunt them!!!!!
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
I wonder what enticed them to mess up after releasing XP Pro? :huh
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 09:39:45 AM »
More control of how people use thier computers.  This is a sign of a company who has gotten too closed off to the users of the operating system.  They have deemed the user base to be incompetent and see thier jobs as being one who must wrestle control away from the user and protect the operating system from the dreaded user.

The basic mantra is, "The user must be stopped!  We must take control for thier own good!"  Sort of Borg-like in mentality actually.  It stems from being out of touch with the real world.  I have seen this happen with other software companies.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 09:48:07 AM »
The basic mantra is, "The user must be stopped!  We must take control for [their] own good!"  Sort of Borg-like in mentality actually.  It stems from being out of touch with the real world.  I have seen this happen with other software companies.

Well "Resistance is futile." :devil
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »
Well, they truly believe they are doing us a favor by keeping us from doing what we want to do.  UAC is the best example of this mentality.  It really does nothing for the user in the end, other than add frustration.  DRM is the same thing.

The next step is to remove the ability to search the hard drive for files as it has already been deemed this is a bad thing.

If you can accept being treated like an incompetent criminal, then you will be good to go for the next level of control.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 10:37:52 AM »
Linux looks more appealing by the second. :(
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 01:49:28 AM »
Its all about the money! Microsoft will try to make our operating systems obsolete in the next 4 years and force us onto windows7 but like I said earlier, new technology will require new os. It's inevitable so don't be cynacle. Why would microsoft keep adding free service packs or even charge for them. Vista is not efficient because the binary codes it uses but it was a bad effort. Windows 7 is supposed to be entirely different When new stuff comes out wait to buy it until it is deemed good. From the get go all IT professionals stayed away and told everyone not to get vista and most did. Most Businesses stayed with xp. Vista is not terrible but it seems to have been a waste of the end users money. Wait till windows7 comes out and wait a year. If it is not deemed good then we will all commit Bill Gates to a date with Satan. Give the rich Bastage 1 more try!

check this blog out. It seems a lot of effort is being put into this project.

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/default.aspx
See Rule #6

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 02:32:19 AM »
More control of how people use thier computers.  This is a sign of a company who has gotten too closed off to the users of the operating system.  They have deemed the user base to be incompetent and see thier jobs as being one who must wrestle control away from the user and protect the operating system from the dreaded user.

The basic mantra is, "The user must be stopped!  We must take control for thier own good!"  Sort of Borg-like in mentality actually.  It stems from being out of touch with the real world.  I have seen this happen with other software companies.
the way you put that sounds a lot like big government  :rofl kinda like the same thing :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 03:46:43 AM »
With Bill Gates retiring from active duty it's much possible that Microsoft will lose it's stand in the near future. One of the pilar stones of the company gets removed and this kind of thing never comes without consequences.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 05:59:12 AM »
"Imagine trying to play Aces High II and having to use the monitor for all the key input."

Hmm, interesting thought.

Skuzzy, you better tell Hitech that soon the switches in the cockpits need to be working as people will be pushing all the actual buttons and switches they see on the screen.  :)

-C+

"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."