Author Topic: what is training going to be  (Read 496 times)

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
what is training going to be
« on: September 26, 2008, 02:16:34 AM »
on aces high opening screen there is a training button, when i click it asks to sign in then tries to connect for a second then says this feature is coming soon. can anybody elaborate about what this training feature is going to be?
Invictus Maneo

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: what is training going to be
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:00:48 AM »
The ONLINE version has yet to be implemented. You can do the training mission offline. It involves taxi, take-off, climb out, engagement with an AI Pony and back to base.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 08:05:22 AM »
Or you can d/l a truckload of extra missions that have been written.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
i know i dont need training, i was just wondering if anybody knew what it was going to be like. can anybody answer this? seems weird that there is a feature on aces high being worked on and they put it on their starting screen and nobody knows what this is? come on sombody knows
Invictus Maneo

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 11:27:10 AM »
i know i dont need training, i was just wondering if anybody knew what it was going to be like. can anybody answer this? seems weird that there is a feature on aces high being worked on and they put it on their starting screen and nobody knows what this is? come on sombody knows

The ONLINE version has yet to be implemented. You can do the training mission offline. It involves taxi, take-off, climb out, engagement with an AI Pony and back to base.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 11:40:17 AM »
Everybody always needs training.  The moment you think you don't is the moment you die horribly.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »
<<<<< needs massive amounts of training to fly the 38...... H...E...L...P...!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
i know i dont need training,

This coming from the person asking how to control a Carrier Group.  Much training you need, very much indeed.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »
you guys are totally missing the point, yeah everybody needs training, but all i wanted to know was what this feature was going to be. i train all the time, most of my time is spent training. but i already know how to train offline and do offline missions and such. all i wanted to know is if somebody know what this was going to be about. nobody seems to know.

p.s, i didn't mean to say "i know i don't need training", i meant "i know".... new sentence i don't need offline training advice i want to know what the feature is. thats all i meant
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:21:13 PM by Raga »
Invictus Maneo

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Ok, no problem, sorry about that.  I just get a little excited when I see the word training since that's what I do at work.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 02:06:11 PM »
you guys are totally missing the point, yeah everybody needs training, but all i wanted to know was what this feature was going to be. i train all the time, most of my time is spent training. but i already know how to train offline and do offline missions and such. all i wanted to know is if somebody know what this was going to be about. nobody seems to know.

p.s, i didn't mean to say "i know i don't need training", i meant "i know".... new sentence i don't need offline training advice i want to know what the feature is. thats all i meant

OK, slow down and READ the answer right after your question by MAX.....

I'll even rephrase it a bit for you. When you click the link on the clipboard it will most likely move you to an arena where you will be walked through some basics. After which it will load the training mission (which is available off line at this time) which involves taxi, take-off, climb out, engagement with an AI Pony and back to base.

OK?

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 03:59:17 PM »
sounds cool thanks fugitive
Invictus Maneo

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »
<--- bangs fist down on:

button  :D

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 06:09:09 AM »
<<<<< needs massive amounts of training to fly the 38...... H...E...L...P...!

yeah right. You sir need a 12 step program to get you OUT of the 38  :D :salute
Lighten up Francis