Author Topic: My second Vid hope u guys like it  (Read 663 times)

Offline cntrl

• Zinc Member

Offline cntrl

• Zinc Member
Re: My second Vid hope u guys like it
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:28:37 AM »
Any suggestion's would be graciously accepted on how to edit better

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »
Dont zoom in so jerky, you need to work on that.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 07:25:55 AM »
That and I'm not a big fan of seeing icons in a video, but other than that, great vid.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »
Cntrl, you've got a lot of work ahead of you if you're looking to make great films.

Before I give you some suggestions, I noticed that you're trying. And that's what counts.

Alright, let's start with the most noticeable mistake of this film, grammar. You had multiple mistakes in word usage and punctuation. If English is not your first language, run your captions past someone who believes their English skills are elite. This ensures that you don't submit another film with faulty grammar usage. Secondly, the film time. Your film was a little over 8:00 minutes long. Most audiences here will not watch films over 5:00 minutes long unless you captivate them. And it takes A LOT to captivate an AH viewing audience.

For example, here's a film that exceeded the 5:00 minute mark and received plenty of positive reviews:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,224563.0.html

This is because the film maker kept the audience captivated through wanting to know what interesting events will occur in the next few seconds.

There are two types of films in this community. A, "story" film and a, "random clips" film. The story film is what you attempted. You created a film of a mission from start to end, thus a story. These types of films require a lot more attention to detail in film editing and camera work to captivate your audience. You also have to work on your music selection and sound effects to keep your audience from becoming bored. On the other hand, random clips don't require as much attention to detail since they don't follow any particular story-line and continue showing the viewer the action they desire from any film.

So in the future I recommend the following:

1. Decide whether you want to make a story, or a random clips film.
2. Soup up your film with more camera angles of your plane making the kill, and different camera shots from the Film Viewer.
3. Keep your frame rates up! If this means you have to use the FV to export your film to .AVI, do it... The better the frame rate, the better the community reaction.
4. Soup up your film with more targeted music / soundtrack choices. Try to synchronize your film to your music / soundtrack selection.
5. Soup up your film with sound effects. These sound effects would depict guns firing, planes getting shot, pieces falling / ripping off of planes, and explosions.
6. Keep the action coming! Don't spend 2:00 minutes showing us your plane on the ground or flying to the action, by then your viewing audience will have lost it's interest in your film.

If you need more tips talk to some film makers such as Kermit de Frog, BMathis, or Niros. There are other film makers out there, however I will obviously always recommend my favorite film makers which I consider to be the best of AH.

Remember that you are trying, and that's what counts. Good luck, and have fun filming. :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline cntrl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »
Thanks for the input gentlemen, I appreciate it.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 09:36:30 AM »
Don't forget the fine-print...

Upon posting a film you are immediately required to begin filming for another production within 14 days. This trend must continue until you have posted five productions. If not, you will be converted into artificial intelligence to forever roam the skies of CT.

Good luck. :D
FlameThink.com

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 10:01:39 AM »
Mine has been out for a few weeks, now I just have to find some time to get on and film some. 
I have a good idea for some song work for the next one, you guys will like it I hope.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 10:02:51 AM »
Well, I'm ready to get blown away. Just don't name that film, "Ike."
FlameThink.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »
I've been recording stuff since my last video (came out the other week).  I've even asked my squaddies to send me some of their films, as I'm going to try to assemble a "Squad Video" as my next project.  I've already got some good footage, so it's time to start going through that raw footage, formulating some camera shots and going through my music library for some appropriate soundtracks.

It won't be called "Ike".   :lol
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »
Phew. *Wipes brow*
FlameThink.com