Author Topic: HT-Pilot ranking imbalance  (Read 195 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
HT-Pilot ranking imbalance
« on: January 17, 2000, 09:44:00 AM »
It seems to be that total flight time is about 1/3 of your overall pilot score..seems a bit unfair considering that it takes alot more time to climb to alt for ,say, a 190 than it does a spit.  I noticed on my pilot score I severely penalized for having more time in the air per sortie kill, thus dropping my score alot!  I don't think that time aloft should be a score evaluator, especially when squads have to spend time in the air rounding everyone up.

Correct me if I am wrong.  I check my score to someone that had an almost identical score as me, except this individual was in the top 25 fighter scores with less time aloft than I.  I had a better K/D ratio, more time aloft, and didn't make top 100 pilots.  

Any chance of changing this, either that or make all the planes with  the same climb rate!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
-Rip1- VF-101 Grim Reapers (RET)
"There is no reason anyone would
want a computer in their home."
   Ken Olson, president, chairman and
founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2000, 12:07:00 PM »
Do one bombing raid and you'll go up like a rocket  

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2000, 01:20:00 PM »
Yup then capture a field...

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »
Be free! Don' look at no steenkin' scorrre....  

214CaveJ

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2000, 07:15:00 PM »
the score system still stinks IMO
being the ultra lousy fighter pilot I am I dinnae think I'll ever place well in the over all ranking.  Seperate fighter scores from bomber scores completely I say.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2000, 07:52:00 AM »
Dolomite, that's what I used to say on Warbirds all the time..."Score Schmore!"..howver if there is going to be a score system, it should be refined alittle.

Fishu: Again, the scoring system should be refined to eliminate any bomber missions in the fighter score.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
-Rip1- VF-101 Grim Reapers (RET)
"There is no reason anyone would
want a computer in their home."
   Ken Olson, president, chairman and
founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2000, 07:35:00 AM »
I'd like to see Kills/Loss instead of the Kills/Deaths. Now that would be interesting  

TT

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2000, 02:18:00 PM »
 I saw a lot of the "change the way its scored" posts on AGW.    It handed me a laugh. The top people are just playing the game the way the rules are layed out. If they changed the rules here. The likes of torque and mitsu would just change the way they fly. And the people in the middle would still be in the middle.

I do agree on the overall ranking though. It means nothing to fighter pilots. And apparently nothing to bomber pilots.

spinny

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2000, 08:09:00 AM »
Many moons ago in WBs there was a weighted scoring system...your points for a kill were calculated using a multiplier based on the arena frequency of the plane you were flying; in other words, the points awarded were a function of the capability of the plane you were flying. This was, I think, based on an clearly observable fact about the arena: planes that it is easier to fly/get kills in are flown more often than the less capable aircraft. The plane flown most often in the arena was given a multiplier of 1.0, and the others were ranked accordingly.

------------------
Spinny, VF-17, The Jolly Rogers 8X

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2000, 12:24:00 PM »
Your kills per time is only 1/10th your overall ranking. It is a factor just like all the other catigories. It dosn't effect your point catagory.

As to the scoring system.
The top overall pilots are the guys who play all aspects of the game both buffing and fighter driving and capturing fields. If you take a closer look at the score system you will see it gives advantages and disadvantages to all types of flying.

HiTech

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2000, 06:55:00 PM »
Want Score?  Want Ranking?  If so, then lets modify it so a little low ranking twit like me say, gets more points for shooting down a top 50, or top 25 pilot.  

I mean if I am a low ranking vermin, I should be a piece of cake to flame.  In turn, I'd be worth less points. But in those rare times I manage, by luck, to down a high ranking "Ace" I would get mega points!!  

What a grand idea!!!  

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2000, 04:55:00 AM »
  Swager, i like the idea as well...

DON'T SHOOT ME, I'M NOT WORTH ANY POINTS  

hehehehe  

------------------
Saint
DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)