Author Topic: Silly idea.  (Read 482 times)

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
Silly idea.
« on: January 12, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »
Is fighting other, more maneuverable aircraft in an IL-2 a silly idea? I mean, with the ruggedness, the 37mm cannons, and tailgunner, I have found it to be quite successful in repelling CV aerial assaults. What are your thoughts on the subject?

-Enker
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Silly idea.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »
As long as you're having fun doing it, who cares if it's a silly idea.  Everyone tells me it's silly to try and turn with Zekes, Hurricanes and Spitfires in a P-38 but that doesn't stop me nor does it stop me from laughing when I beat the crap out of them.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
Enker the Il2 is awesome. I prefer the 23mm lasers over the spud gun for A2A though.  If they try and HO you it's game over, and if they overshoot you can reach out and touch someone.  As far as the tail gun, don't bother.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »
id rather fight more nimble planes in an il2. they see it and think "mhhmmmmmm easy kill" until you shove a 37mm up their donut and they say "WTF!? :huh :furious :O"

Enker the Il2 is awesome. I prefer the 23mm lasers over the spud gun for A2A though.  If they try and HO you it's game over, and if they overshoot you can reach out and touch someone.  As far as the tail gun, don't bother.
i use the 37mm for same reasons A2A, 23mm just takes 1 round more to down some planes, id rather see 1 hit and break off them in the il2. i shoot better with the 37mm too.

just my thoughts.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »
I fear those damn IL-2's.  Most feared IL-2 pilot in my mind is 68trapr, but he's on our side (Knights).  I no longer fear the spits in my Corsair just Hurri's, Zeke's and frickin KI-84's.
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 07:28:39 PM »
Enker, check your PMs  :aok
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »
I fear those damn IL-2's.  Most feared IL-2 pilot in my mind is 68trapr, but he's on our side (Knights).  I no longer fear the spits in my Corsair just Hurri's, Zeke's and frickin KI-84's.
same, i just dont have a person i "fear". so long as you use your advantage against em and they dont get a shot you should be fine.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 10:42:49 PM »
GHI and LYNX are pretty damn good in an IL-2.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS