Author Topic: Updated 262 Seems to perform superior than previously.  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
Re: Updated 262 Seems to perform superior than previously.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 06:26:37 AM »
I always kill the engines and go full flaps. So if you have both engines working or just one it makes landing easier. It always seems like if I try to come in with the engines lit, even at idle I have a hell of a time getting it slowed down enough.

I tamed landing a 262 with one engine, like you said simply kill the remaining engine and go full flaps, going full flaps on one engine is seriously
a pain - believe Kill'em watched me go round and round once 4 times in a row tryin to put one down, ended up figuring out I could belly flop
on the large pad and would be ok, interesting enough about it - It was a 6k base that I over shot, stalled out, fell 4k - somehow had enough E in the dive
that I climbed back OVER the hill in a turn and flopped on the large pad.

I think zoozoo was there can't remember, was pretty funny how bad I was tryin to save my 262, but It did lose a left wingtip and right engine,
so yeah taking punishment and getting you home? yep why I believe its worth 200 perks.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »
Yea just kill your engines and drift in.. It's the best way IMO, even if both engines are working. Those planes will glide for a very long distance because they are going faster than they feel. I learned the hard way not to try and land them on one engine.

I was coming in for a landing but looked like I would be a little bit short. I hit the throttle to get a little more speed and went into a flat spin about 1k off the deck then crashed and burned. From that time on I just went to complete engine off landings and have never lost one since while landing.
"strafing"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »
I'm going to caveat this question about the 262 with I have spent the last month extensivly monitoring my system to reduce system bottlenecks. So I could be getting better aircraft performance as an illusion of better overall game performance on my PC>

Is the updated 262 in this release responding to flight controls much better and are you not ripping off your wings as often in G manuvering?

What prompted this observation is a 262 vs 262 fight I was in which I had fuel in my wings and pulled manuvers during the ongoing fight which previously would snap off my wings. The endgame manuver I snapped into a barrel roll over the con, pulled my nose out of it just past the top and rode the edge of the black out at the last moment to snap my nose down to lay a line of 30mm as the other 262 passed under me. Instead of loosing a wing I lost control for 500 feet as my nose came up and I stalled.

I don't fly the 262 enough to land more than 1 or 2 kills if I survive at all. So this 262 performance was a shock to me.

262 seems the same to me !   :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »
i broke a half a wing off without warning, didn't think i was doing anything crazy but sure effected the way i have been using it since.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »
Unless they forgot to mention it, only the 3d model was updated.  Nothing was said about changing the physical properties or flight model.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 05:47:56 AM »
HTC could put it in caps on the main page 'NO FLIGHT MODELS HAVE BEEN CHANGED' and people whould still swear black and blue that something turns better or worse etc etc  :lol
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 06:30:12 AM »
i spent about an hour in offline mode testing it out, trying out hard turns on purpose to see if it had changed. Nope. Only thing is i cant see out the front of it anymore lol.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 06:56:57 AM »
I just tested the 262 out last night, no different at all then before. I did however from lack of flying it rip both my wingtips off doing 500
and tryin to turn inside a buff group, so yeah - NO different. Just a better view however.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 06:58:19 AM »
I just tested the 262 out last night, no different at all then before. I did however from lack of flying it rip both my wingtips off doing 500
and tryin to turn inside a buff group, so yeah - NO different. Just a better view however.
Cool, so I can watch my wingtips fluttering down for longer :D
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 06:45:55 PM »
Thank you everyone for your posts. I will assume the monitoring for processing bottlenecks and removing those has improved my perception of the game play by reducing a bit of my systems generated lag. .. :pray
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.