Author Topic: $2 million worth of speeding fines  (Read 436 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
$2 million worth of speeding fines
« on: September 29, 2008, 01:47:28 AM »
Driver with $2 million speeding fines nabbed

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Transport authorities in Brazil have caught up with a speed-loving Brazilian driver who clocked up nearly $2 million in fines, local media reported.

Police intercepted the driver of a 12-year-old car in Sao Paulo at the spot he most frequently committed infractions, the O Globo daily said on Thursday.

For seven years he had been speeding and running red lights but was not arrested earlier because he never registered the car in his own name.

The paper said the car, worth around $6,500, would be auctioned if the driver, unnamed, did not pay the $1.8 million in fines in 90 days.

I think rather than paying the fine, I would let 'em auction the car.  

Then bid up to $6,300.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Re: $2 million worth of speeding fines
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:57:12 AM »
The problem is the way they enforced speeding. Sucks to line in a 2nd world country.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:00:13 AM »
Well, see, in Russia, they would RPG your car at the second offense. The ticket would be printed on the bottom of the cops boots, straight to your forehead so u don't forget to pay. You will have then the choice between having your nuts chopped or being deported to Siberia. :rock
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:01:54 AM »
Well, see, in Russia, they would RPG your car at the second offense. The ticket would be printed on the bottom of the cops boots, straight to your forehead so u don't forget to pay. You will have then the choice between having your nuts chopped or being deported to Siberia. :rock

:rofl
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »

In mother russia, car rides you!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 09:41:25 AM »
In mother russia, car rides you!

so do the cops!!  :rofl
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »
I wish we had a law like Germany for tickets, over there you pay based on how much money you make, which makes alot more sense, because what does paying a $75 speeding fine mean to someone who makes $100k a year or more, it's not as much of a deterrent as it is to the guy make $30k a year. 
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson