Author Topic: The Debate and national security  (Read 796 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: The Debate and national security
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »
To take this one step further McCain's idea of say one thing in public and do another behind the scenes is exactly what has gotten this country into the problems with these religious fanatics. It wasn't so long ago that even George Bush Jr, had the Taliban in Texas for a visit while he was Govoner trying to set the deal up for Unicol and the gas line in Afghan.

I think it's good to see a leader like Obama say that his will do something if it needs to be done, rather than claiming he won't in public but then doing it anyway. Everyone knows they will done it anyway, so might as well tell the truth, rather than treat the US public like Unicorns and tooth fairies really exist.

We along with many other nations do this dailey. You dont become the big kid on the block by playing by all the rules, you bend them.

But to say this openly is a mistake, the biggest problem in some of the events where we have had strikes inside another country that were intended for Hi vis targets was that by informing / waiting for approval from a goverment to conduct these strikes, information would be leaked to the target and by the time approval was given the target was long gone.  They have had strikes since, and will continue to do so, however the waiting process usually comes after the strike or at the moment of the strike.  This way there is no kissing and telling.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »
Dude, they already know we will do it. We already have done it.. Saying it on TV makes little to no difference,

You support what he said, but you are complaining because he said it in public? lol that's almost silly

i guess we should have told the germans we were going to attack on d-day, at Normandy?
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »
John has a long mustache..
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
no i don't , i keep it trimmed short.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »
LOL.. ok. Damn, this is a tuff crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzwg0LyYL0
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »
lol :aok :rofl :rofl
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 09:34:55 PM »
John has a long mustache..

The chair is against the wall.  The chair is against the wall.

;)

Long time since I've seen that movie.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »

i guess we should have told the germans we were going to attack on d-day, at Normandy?

So what do you have to say about McCain openly stating he supports military action in Iran? That's the same thing and  hell he even openly joked and sang a song about bombing Iran. Where is the outrage about that? If it's so secretive and vital to national defense then why would he say virtually the same thing about Iran as Obama said about Pakistan?

Yet there was one difference.. Obama said he would attack a terrorist threat such as al Qaeda not the govt of Pakistan. McCain openly supported and joked about attacking Iran as a country. So if you are really outraged about what Obama said then why aren't you guys calling out McCain for doing the "exact" same thing?

Also where is the outrage against Palin because she openly stated the same thing and claimed she supported doing what ever is necessary in Pakistan?
"strafing"

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:35 AM »
Where is the outrage about that? If it's so secretive and vital to national defense then why would he say virtually the same thing about Iran as Obama said about Pakistan?

Because Pakistan is an ally?  Just a guess...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »
So what do you have to say about McCain openly stating he supports military action in Iran? That's the same thing and  hell he even openly joked and sang a song about bombing Iran. Where is the outrage about that? If it's so secretive and vital to national defense then why would he say virtually the same thing about Iran as Obama said about Pakistan?

Yet there was one difference.. Obama said he would attack a terrorist threat such as al Qaeda not the govt of Pakistan. McCain openly supported and joked about attacking Iran as a country. So if you are really outraged about what Obama said then why aren't you guys calling out McCain for doing the "exact" same thing?

Also where is the outrage against Palin because she openly stated the same thing and claimed she supported doing what ever is necessary in Pakistan?

because the threat of force is a tool we use against our "enemies" , not the action itself, nor do we use the threat of force against friendly nations, unless we don't want to be friends with them anymore!
 behind closed doors we might make a deal with the gov. of Pakistan to go in and do what we must, but not in public, so we can alienate the people of that country and or put there people at risk of reprisal by a common enemy! that's why you don't say what Oboma said, he puts the people of Pakistan in a very unsafe position if he says we will go there! he also puts the responsibility on the heads of the people of Pakistan
if they do not oppose this type of action!
 have you ever heard that its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission? we do what we must were they are concerned, but we don't go around bragging  about it before it happens!
 i guess you have not ever had a security clearance, or ever understood why someone would!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 08:49:59 AM »
Crockett,
We all know you are blinded by the aura surrounding Obamassiah, but please this in mind. 

There is a huge difference between telling an adversary you will bomb them if they continue an activity you disapprove of and telling an ally you will bomb their country whenever you see fit.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
Because Pakistan is an ally?  Just a guess...

Pakistan hasn't been a ally too us in months and they have never done what they agreed to do. They happily take out money and then snub us. Isn't that the type of countries that McCain claims he was going to stop giving money too? Yet he still wants to give them money. Sounds like more "what ever your heart's desire" talk from McCain.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:03:19 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »
Obama the Holy warrior saying he'd attack Pakistan reminds me of that one mope the Democrats came up with once. What was his name? The guy driving around in the tank? Dukakis? :lol

I could just see Obama leading the charge of the light brigade against the Pakistanis. :rofl
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 10:18:35 AM »
Pakistan hasn't been a ally too us in months and they have never done what they agreed to do. They happily take out money and then snub us. Isn't that the type of countries that McCain claims he was going to stop giving money too? Yet he still wants to give them money. Sounds like more "what ever your heart's desire" talk from McCain.

There's a big difference between militants and terrorist infiltrated units attacking our forces vs. the country openly attacking us. 

Sounds more like Obama pandering for votes and not thinking out his statements. 

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »
There's a big difference between militants and terrorist infiltrated units attacking our forces vs. the country openly attacking us. 

Sounds more like Obama pandering for votes and not thinking out his statements. 

Yes there is I'm glad you can understand the difference. So why is it, that you keep claiming Obama said he would attack Pakistan, when he said nothing of the sort. He said he would attack high level terrorist operations such as bin Laden or al Qaeda. However of course we really know the only "real" difference that matters too you.. The fact that Obama said it.
"strafing"