Author Topic: HOUSE REPUBLICANS PUT UP HISTORIC FIGHT!  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Re: HOUSE REPUBLICANS PUT UP HISTORIC FIGHT!
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2008, 08:56:30 PM »
"I place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt." - Thomas Jefferson
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
"I place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt." - Thomas Jefferson

Yes!  So where's the outcry over central banking and fractional reserve lending?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2008, 10:07:09 PM »
I think you just heard some! LOL
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »
so we buy the bad debt then we sell it too the highest bidder , later when it defaults?,
 or we don,t buy the bad debt and we let the highest bidder buy it first, how do we lose by staying out again? bad investments are just bad, unless you own them then they are worse!

vote no !!

and if you are losing in this deal then i am truly sorry,

but i don.t remember the gov. coming to save me the last time i made a bad decision,
 and i guarantee you the snake oil salesmen had me make a few!!!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »
The House showed us why you have a Senate ...... madhouse vs lethargic consideration

I actually listened to Pelosi's speech .... she didn't attack "Republicans" as such, she attacked *Booosh* and his administration (which only a few Republicans still think of as representing Republicans). That said, her need to do that at that moment was stupid ... and the Republicans harumphing away was stupid. But I also think the ones who voted YES were being stupid.

This puppy of a bill stinks..... and the twinks that came up with it might shouldn't be involved in reworking it