Author Topic: Explain to me why there's no need for proof of citizenship to vote  (Read 1785 times)

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Re: Explain to me why there's no need for proof of citizenship to vote
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »
the democrats are learning..
lazs
  I wish they were Lazs... they are f*ing us from both sides

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 08:59:52 AM »
  In Md you have to be registered at least 30 days before the election and you have to be registered before the primaries in advance too.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »
unless you wrote the program. and own the machine the runs it. and the network. and the computer that prints it out for the talking head.

an important and a valid point. This is why you distribute the control and collection of the system. In the  past we just "trusted" the people who collect the boxes
Now we can "trust" computers to do the same.  Computers can't be trusted?????? neither can people...

A computer is not a single, thinking and "feeling" being. It is a machine told to do what is their destination. A network of 1+  (gone wild) computers could't possibly create  and control SKYNET (unless a f*d up human behind), computers just do what a human  (fc*ed or not) thought before.

Computers make no decisions, they follow the algorithms humans fed them and "reply" . Humans make decisions.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »
In Indiana you must be registered to vote 30 days before the election and show a state ID at the pollbooth.  Most people show their drivers license, but if you don't have one, you can show a state ID card.  And state ID cards are free for those people without a drivers license.  It was controversial when the voting law was passed a few years ago, but I believe now that its a good law.

I think in Ohio what people figured out, is that if you can get an absentee ballot more than 30 days before the election, you really can have one stop register and vote stations.  Obviously that needs to be changed so that absentee ballots can't be obtained until the registration period is closed.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown