Author Topic: why do people want to be liberals?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: why do people want to be liberals?
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »

Libs seem to have an attitude of....Screw god....screw anything that has to do with god...and I will force my way on you and you'll like it or I'll just take you to court. They don't like anything that may be in the least bit religeous. Thier freedom of speech is more important that yours. They think they are smarter. Just all in all I see MOST of the country like that. Several other thngs stick out...but why get into it.

That bit in bold is completely untrue.  I am sure that there are some democrats, and some republicans who are like that, but to make sure a sweeping generalisation is just incorrect.  I can say for certain that that is not true, because I do not take that attitude in the least, and whilst I am Church of England, I respect everyone else's religion and their right to freedom of religion provided that they do not attempt to infringe on my rights.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »
That bit in bold is completely untrue.  I am sure that there are some democrats, and some republicans who are like that, but to make sure a sweeping generalisation is just incorrect.  I can say for certain that that is not true, because I do not take that attitude in the least, and whilst I am Church of England, I respect everyone else's religion and their right to freedom of religion provided that they do not attempt to infringe on my rights.

Name me a conservative that has been involved in removing the 10 commandments from a public building.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2008, 06:55:53 PM »
That bit in bold is completely untrue. 

Whatever happened to the word: false?

Why don't we use it anymore?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2008, 06:59:47 PM »
Name me a conservative that has been involved in removing the 10 commandments from a public building.

TOP STORY!!

RedTop has been named a conservative involved in removing the 10 commandments from a public building!!

(pictures at eleven)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »

Because I had decided to use the word "untrue" instead.  Nothing major.

And RedTop, removing the 10 Commandments from a public is not the only way to disrespect a religion...
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »
so give me a firm list of the changes that Obama wants better for America

I dont understand what kinda change he wants, for you democrats what are the changes Obama is gonna make thats gonna help our economy?

please list them so i can understand your side of the argument?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »
Because I had decided to use the word "untrue" instead.  Nothing major.

And RedTop, removing the 10 Commandments from a public is not the only way to disrespect a religion...

It could be a way to respect a religion
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »

I agree...lots of ways to disrespect....

I didn't say disrespect...I said that Libs dont like it....period. All libs? No...you have a point. But MOST I know or work with or have assosiation with and almost ALL on here...pretty much leave it in MY opinion....that they have no place for it anywhere...whine about it....complain...on and on and on.

Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

It's no longer politically correct. As is calling someone with an I.Q. of over 140(and using their score to say they are better than all other humans) a genius, rather you have to call them "gifted".
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »

Not sure you could call Thomas Jefferson a republican, but I think he came up with the name

Oh, and thnx for giving me a chance to post This
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »
no one has still answered my question yet???? im waiting???
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2008, 11:25:03 PM »
no one has still answered my question yet???? im waiting???

Look, I already gave you a 6.5, don't push it
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »
LOL.. -2. we're gonna come out in the middle. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2008, 03:30:08 AM »

That's just it, Red.  Most Liberals separate church and state.  When you combine the two, bad things happen.  You get the Dark Ages... the triumph of Dogma over Reason.  Many liberals are quite religious...they simply see the need to keep governance and god as far apart as possible.  As well, when you give credence to one religious sect, you take it away from others, which serves to disenfranchise a certain group or groups of people.  While you may not care what anyone else thinks or feels, in this particular country the founding ideology was religious freedom, and any particular religious set of beliefs should not be sanctioned or affirmed by the state.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce