Author Topic: Don't think this is a bug...  (Read 812 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Don't think this is a bug...
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »
I don't think this is a bug with the program, so I will post it here.  Since the new patch I have lost some but not all of my aircraft & vehicle skins.  Spot checking I found that the default skin was the only skin available for the F4U-1C, the F6F and the Ostie.   After I down loaded the patch I got the usual download of skins with the associated message that it happens after a patch,  but I never did get some skins downloading during the game that I sometimes get.  As a matter of fact I couldn't find the little box to mark enabling skin downloads during play.
Anyone else have this problem?
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Don't think this is a bug...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »
I don't think this is a bug with the program, so I will post it here.  Since the new patch I have lost some but not all of my aircraft & vehicle skins.  Spot checking I found that the default skin was the only skin available for the F4U-1C, the F6F and the Ostie.   After I down loaded the patch I got the usual download of skins with the associated message that it happens after a patch,  but I never did get some skins downloading during the game that I sometimes get.  As a matter of fact I couldn't find the little box to mark enabling skin downloads during play.
Anyone else have this problem?

For some reason the previous patch to this caused the same thing for me but I was able to redownload them after checking the box on the clipboard while in the hanger.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »
Not this patch, but the last patch did it. skins are there but there red except for default, i just let them redownload.
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:51:54 PM »
I don't think there are any Chog skins yet...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:42:30 PM »
This sounds like a vista problem that you switched to Admin to download the update, and then played as admin instead of the normal user?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »
This sounds like a vista problem that you switched to Admin to download the update, and then played as admin instead of the normal user?

Not a Vista specific issue as I am using XP SP3.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:02:14 PM »

nope, xp,was last update, no problem this update.
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
Havent seen anything.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 09:24:18 PM »
Where did the La-7 skins go?

Is it because of the new updates a while ago on them, the old skins won't work on the new plane?

Used to love the "white" skin.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline BoSoxFan

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 01:53:29 AM »
When the 3D models are updated the bitmap file ( the file that skinners paint) is changed to, so the old bitmap files with the skins don't line up. Here is what I'm talking about. I don't have the old f6f file but I do have the 262s.

Old Me 262 files...

New Me 262 file...

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 03:17:34 AM »
I am still using Windows XP, not Vista.  Also, even though I have checked on the clipboard to allow downloading during play, the missing skins still haven't down loaded.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 08:33:34 AM »

i have the same skin problem descrbed. windows xp service pack 2
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

You sir, are correct!!! I had the same "issue"... You've won the privilege of giving the keynote address for the squeaker workshop during the upcoming AH convention!  :aok :lol :aok
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
Could be the problem part of the problem.

September 17, 2008
Aces High II: Version 2.13 Released The 2.13 release of Aces High II is ready.
Check the information page for more details concerning this release and, optionally, information needed to manually update the game.

As a reminder, if you are running a software firewall, and cannot connect after the patch is installed, you need to re-allow the game back through your firewall.

If you are running Windows Vista, you may need to manually download and install the update or run the game as an administrator for the game auto-updater to work properly.

The high resolution texture package has also been updated. If you are using it, then you must update your texture package as well.