Author Topic: Palin IQ guess  (Read 1799 times)

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
Re: Palin IQ guess
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
Name a great philosopher that was bad at verbalizing.  Your suggestion cuts against the entire western-Socratic tradition.

:D :D :D

"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 10:06:42 AM »
91 is considered average, actually average starts at 90.  I was therefore not bashing her, just saying I find her to be average, albeit low.  Now, she may very well have a higher IQ than 91, at least I'd hope she does. :aok

She sure doesn't hide her ignorance of some topics very well.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »
Name a great philosopher that was bad at verbalizing.  Your suggestion cuts against the entire western-Socratic tradition.
About your signature-

Nietzsche is a complex and provocative thinker, but he is a clear advocate of the role of solitude in every level of human activity, from philosophical and psychological to creative and societal. He was profoundly insightful of human psychology, in part because he was not engulfed in society or ideology, and could see clearly and in a detached but engaged way. His fearless clarity and willingness to explore topics to their logical endpoint makes his contribution to the concept and practice of solitude unique, valuable,  and enduring.

Didn't say bad at verbalizing - if you read the post and Thought about it, what I said was - many great writers and philsophers -thought - before they answered--
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »
Of course I had to look into the question. What I found, albeit sparse, is that it's suggested to be in the low 100's. Maybe as high as a buck and a quarter.

Then I try to see how it compares....

It looks as if among the most recent crop of candidates Ron Paul and Hillary are considered the front runners and I found one source to estimate Obama's even higher. But only one.

It looks as though among postulated I.Q.'s (most don't have published test scores and many couldn't have been evaluated by current standards) the intellect does not necessarily signify an estimable presidency.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
Palin's IQ probably isn't too shabby. But the under-estimation is helpful.

Palin can be expected to be ignorant about many past supreme court cases, and ignorant about foreign policy because she is not a lawyer, and she is not yet experienced on the international issues.  These are not her strengths.  her real strengths are hidden from the light-weight dems who are being trained by media to have contempt.   but the smart ones are very worried.

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 11:31:12 AM »
About your signature-

Nietzsche is a complex and provocative thinker, but he is a clear advocate of the role of solitude in every level of human activity, from philosophical and psychological to creative and societal. He was profoundly insightful of human psychology, in part because he was not engulfed in society or ideology, and could see clearly and in a detached but engaged way. His fearless clarity and willingness to explore topics to their logical endpoint makes his contribution to the concept and practice of solitude unique, valuable,  and enduring.

Didn't say bad at verbalizing - if you read the post and Thought about it, what I said was - many great writers and philsophers -thought - before they answered--

I apologize for misinterpreting you. :o
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
Palin's IQ probably isn't too shabby. But the under-estimation is helpful.

Palin can be expected to be ignorant about many past supreme court cases, and ignorant about foreign policy because she is not a lawyer, and she is not yet experienced on the international issues.  These are not her strengths.  her real strengths are hidden from the light-weight dems who are being trained by media to have contempt.   but the smart ones are very worried.

Whoa bro. I'm sorry.... I can't back you here, in either case.  Expected to be ignorant about supreme court cases?  That's pretty impressive.... I guess the high schools in Alaska don't teach the biggies... Marbury v Madison,  Brown v Board of Education, Dred Scot v Sandford , Plessy v Ferguson,   OR she could even have known...oh i dunno... Bush v Gore...MAYBE even Baker v Exxon which she gave a governor's comment on  :confused:.  This question Couric asked was the softest softball Palin got the entire interview.... and she wiffed.  I asked an eighth grader (a relative) who attends a public school if she could name any cases.... and she named three of the above, in maybe a minute.

Ignorant on foreign policy is a big one.  She's up for the #2 job in the country.  Funny, when the commander of NORAD in Alaska shoots down her "Putin raises his head" response.  He went on record saying, that no russian a/c have violoated our airspace in the 15 years he's known, directly contradicting the VP candidate's answer.

IQ tests aren't very useful for measuring intellect as they are biased.  I think she's not as dumb as she's looking right now... at least I hope.  I'll give her credit for around 110.  Although, maybe she is good at random pattern recognitions.

And yes, I'm worried.  The bar is now so low, for her, that she doesn't have to do anything great tonight, in the debate.  If she doesn't curse or vomit, she's got a very good chance of appearing like the winner.  And, honestly, if you care about this country..... that is scary.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:35:15 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 12:45:16 PM »
No sense attacking the person with the most experience of the 4.

We have never had a senator amount to anything as President.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »
Was that peanut farmers IQ high?

Anyways, the # I'm guessing is 34-24-36 :O ....Let em loose Sarah! They need to breath!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 12:50:08 PM »
Whatever her IQ was before going to college you have to subtract at least 10 points for her having studied journalism. She gets at least 5 pts back since it was a BS rather than a BA degree though.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »
Whoa bro. I'm sorry.... I can't back you here, in either case.  Expected to be ignorant about supreme court cases?  That's pretty impressive.... I guess the high schools in Alaska don't teach the biggies... Marbury v Madison,  Brown v Board of Education, Dred Scot v Sandford , Plessy v Ferguson,   OR she could even have known...oh i dunno... Bush v Gore...MAYBE even Baker v Exxon which she gave a governor's comment on  say whut?.  This question Couric asked was the softest softball Palin got the entire interview.... and she wiffed.  I asked an eighth grader (a relative) who attends a public school if she could name any cases.... and she named three of the above, in maybe a minute.

Ignorant on foreign policy is a big one.  She's up for the #2 job in the country.  Funny, when the commander of NORAD in Alaska shoots down her "Putin raises his head" response.  He went on record saying, that no russian a/c have violoated our airspace in the 15 years he's known, directly contradicting the VP candidate's answer.

IQ tests aren't very useful for measuring intellect as they are biased.  I think she's not as dumb as she's looking right now... at least I hope.  I'll give her credit for around 110.  Although, maybe she is good at random pattern recognitions.

And yes, I'm worried.  The bar is now so low, for her, that she doesn't have to do anything great tonight, in the debate.  If she doesn't curse or vomit, she's got a very good chance of appearing like the winner.  And, honestly, if you care about this country..... that is scary.

I think she was asked which supreme cases she disagreed with...

anyway, she would be a great VP, and because I believe she would be smart enough to listen to her civilian advisors and her generals, as President, she would do just fine.  I prefer McCain Palin by far over the lasting damage Obama Biden would do to this country.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:21:30 PM by Gunthr »
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 01:30:02 PM »
And, honestly, if you care about this country..... that is scary.
I care deeply about the country, that is why I will NEVER cast a vote for a liberal.  Palin could be the brain dead moron you think she is and I would STILL consider her a head above the most intelligent liberal.

There is still hope.  Lets pray to God she comes out and tears bin biden a new arsewhole...but if she gets hammered to a pulp it will make no difference to me.   Proud to voting McCain/Palin because Im voting against a liberal.

liberals suck.  Thats all I got to say about that.

:)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 01:40:54 PM »

anyway, she would be a great VP, and because I believe she would be smart enough to listen to her civilian advisors and her generals, as President,

Wrong, she's a moron and would be completely horrible at both. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 01:41:52 PM »
I'm a moron and would be completely horrible at anything. :aok

Fixed!  :aok
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 01:44:23 PM »
Wrong, she's a moron and would be completely horrible at both
Lets hope she does well tonight.  If she can beotchslap bin biden and then have mac daddy start running those negative adds showing the obama preacher Golly-geening america then these bad predictions might right themselves again in time for the vote.  Im not betting on it.

I do think alot of Americans are changing their minds alot on these two candidates....the trick ist to get the cycle in McCains favor on 11/4/08
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns