Author Topic: 262 nerfed?  (Read 5202 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: 262 nerfed?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 02:06:57 PM »
... max wing structural limits to limit touchy overstresses.

excellent  :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »
The wings are stiffer and thats a good thing. The cannon seems weaker though and I say that because I hit a formation of B26s from an oblique pass and put 3-4 hits in the fuse of all planes with zero effect. Usually all it takes is one hit?

Sometimes on bombers you get lucky and single hits start them on fire or something, but typically it takes multiple hits right next to each other to take the bombers out.  If you put several 30mm rounds into a buff, but spread them out so each one is hitting different parts of the plane, it's not at all uncommon to see the buff fly along as if nothing happened.

That said, quite often at least one buff will blow up in a pass like you describe where you rake all three aircraft with 30mm as you let them fly through your cannon stream.  But sometimes you get an unlucky pass and it doesn't work out.  Oh well, that's when you turn around and take another pass.  ;-)  At that point they should be pretty soft, too.

Offline Entr0py

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »
Follow up question for the proper measurment reading on the BS Meter...Is this a linear 0 to 100 scale?  Or is it like the Fujita scale where the magnitude is exponential, and there isn't really a maximum limit?  ;)

Darn, thats the 1st thing I thought when I read that.
I'm too wack for a sig. (Camaro, not just a car, it's a lifestyle.)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »
Sometimes on bombers you get lucky and single hits start them on fire or something, but typically it takes multiple hits right next to each other to take the bombers out.  If you put several 30mm rounds into a buff, but spread them out so each one is hitting different parts of the plane, it's not at all uncommon to see the buff fly along as if nothing happened.

That said, quite often at least one buff will blow up in a pass like you describe where you rake all three aircraft with 30mm as you let them fly through your cannon stream.  But sometimes you get an unlucky pass and it doesn't work out.  Oh well, that's when you turn around and take another pass.  ;-)  At that point they should be pretty soft, too.

Except when its a dive bombing enemy formation after a fleet and you dont want to risk your 262 near the puffy stuff. Twice before the patch I was wounded by 'friendly' ack when I was attacking enemies near our cv.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »
From the Readme.

Increased Me 262's elevator control forces and max wing structural limits to limit touchy overstresses.
So the 262 is now actualy more manuverable and sturdier than before..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »
So the 262 is now actualy more manuverable and sturdier than before..

That's my take as well.

"Increased control forces" should mean HTC increased the control authority of the plane at higher speeds. I think Krusty simply misinterpreted this oppositely.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 01:53:25 AM »
It also doesnt seem to be as easy to hurt as before. Yesterday I had two of them BNZ me and I hit them both in the intakes (two hits each engine) and I mean right on the 'flow inducer' and it didnt do any damage.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
It also doesnt seem to be as easy to hurt as before. Yesterday I had two of them BNZ me and I hit them both in the intakes (two hits each engine) and I mean right on the 'flow inducer' and it didnt do any damage.
film..
That's my take as well.

"Increased control forces" should mean HTC increased the control authority of the plane at higher speeds. I think Krusty simply misinterpreted this oppositely.
It does read like 'increased required elevator stick forces' if you tilt your thinking to the side..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 04:39:49 PM »
BS Meter alert.

At the speeds where you could perform an accelerated stall in the 262, no changes have been made.

HiTech

uhoh, looks like HT called this one :noid
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »
after giving her a run out I will say that at high speed the elevators have been neutered.

I didnt notice much of a difference whilst slow but who flies a 262 slow?

I wont be using it for horde busting anymore  :cry.

You just can't make the shots i'm used to.  If the change resulted from whining about wings ripping off I never managed to pull mine off.  Just bad piloting.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »

ME! ME!

i also have about 17 perks left.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline **CLONE155**

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 10:17:44 PM »
I only use the 262 to bomber kill... or if i find some one sleeping and come up there six :aok

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »
after giving her a run out I will say that at high speed the elevators have been neutered.

I wont be using it for horde busting anymore  :cry.

You just can't make the shots i'm used to.  If the change resulted from whining about wings ripping off I never managed to pull mine off.  Just bad piloting.

Eep. That's bad  :frown:
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 07:16:52 AM »
a couple of days ago i was in my f4u1d rtb about out of go go juice when i spotted a low slow 262. i dove and got an engine smoking but didnt persue . he came after me. due to lack of fuel i was backed off the throttle. when he attacked i turned to merge then would turn home after. several missde bnz attempts later he went slow and we went to dogfighting my prob was i was out of fuel with no e. and he eventually got me. BUT he was flying the bird well below 320 and was did a great job of turning it. porked? I would say NO!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 10:07:27 AM »
Eep. That's bad  :frown:

And yet I get derisive comments from long-time forum members and HT himself when I say the same thing that other people are now noticing (now that I mentioned it and they checked for themselves).

Funny, how that double standard works.