Author Topic: Tank Town griefed by rooks, again  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank Town griefed by rooks, again
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 02:08:05 PM »
Because he gave the players the necessary tools to do it, it's called 'Defense'.  I know, a novel concept for those that expect everything handed to them without putting forth any effort. 

ack-ack

This was nearly one of your worst posts ever.  Nice to see you had the sense to edit out the 37mm comment. :rolleyes:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »
Agree.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »
This was nearly one of your worst posts ever.  Nice to see you had the sense to edit out the 37mm comment. :rolleyes:

Don't blame me if the solution is simple.  If there are enemy planes attacking TT town, up some planes to drive them off.  No reason to cry to HTC for them to code it out of the game.  *shrug*

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »
If it's already been taken at 4 in the morning it's a little hard to defend for some of us.   :rolleyes:

HTC gave us a protected TT/FT before, no reason for everyone to get all bent outta shape.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »
Thats funny cause I'd have to look all over the map to find a Rook who cares about TT. Most of all last night when weren't weren't grabbing bases anywheres. But, I signed off at 2300 CST so who knows what happened overnight?

And who cares? I can remember signing in and seeing every Dar at ever Rook TT base taken down. Which means some mope spent the better part of an hour shooting down every dar on the Island. :huh And with the side switchers who switch sides like socks its kinda stupid to blame Rooks in the first place. In fact it was probably scoe 'ho Bish or Nit side switchers looking for easy perks.

I dont know any regular full time Rook who gives a darn about TT.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
And who cares? I can remember signing in and seeing every Dar at ever Rook TT base taken down. Which means some mope spent the better part of an hour shooting down every dar on the Island. :huh And with the side switchers who switch sides like socks its kinda stupid to blame Rooks in the first place. In fact it was probably scoe 'ho Bish or Nit side switchers looking for easy perks.

Not to refute your entire response, but: I'd say the majority of people who side switch are the LEAST likely to want to ruin TT.  Usually the cartoon real estate types are the ones to grief everyone by taking TT and are also usually the type to take the chess piece country icon more seriously.

Just my 2 cents.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »
let the flaming begin... :devil

TT is a great place for Bombing Practice  :devil..... :rofl :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »
it was probably scoe 'ho Bish or Nit side switchers looking for easy perks.

:rofl :rofl
TT is a great place for Bombing Practice  :devil..... :rofl :rofl
Cause you sure as hell wont be killing anything in tanks. :devil :rofl :rofl
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 04:32:54 PM »
Tank town should be treated as any other base type on the map.  If tank town is important to folks though, I would highly recommend that those who find it important spend time defending it.  It matters little to me one way or another.

best reply in the thread  :aok  :salute that's just how i feel about it. If someone takes something from you......take it back. Bish on a friday nite roll can wipe that island up in two hours. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 04:39:47 PM »
Because he gave the players the necessary tools to do it, it's called 'Defense'.  I know, a novel concept for those that expect everything handed to them without putting forth any effort. 

ack-ack
  Make sense to me. Good point ACK ACK :salute
JaCkRiPr

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
I brought some gram crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate bars.  S'mores should be done in a minute. ;)

Seriously folks, if it is in the process of being taken, defend it.  If it has already been taken, take it back.  Simple.  Stop :cry  to Hitech about how TT gets rolled by one side, or the other, and defend it or take it back.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
Anaxagoras, its like this - the game is all about The Hate. The object of the game is to piss the enema off as much as possible. Once your enema realize you will be pissed off by taking TT, well, you've made your bed.
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »
Anaxagoras, its like this - the game is all about The Hate. The object of the game is to piss the enema off as much as possible. Once your enema realize you will be pissed off by taking TT, well, you've made your bed.

Unfortunately, The Hate has been weak in this new generation of players, though they are strong in the ways of The Whine.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:53:00 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »
Unfortunately, The Hate has been has been weak in this new generation of players, though they are strong in the ways of The Whine.

ack-ack
Old player hate =

New player hate=
See Rule #4

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 03:47:41 AM »
I don't do it.  I don't condone it.  (Taking TT bases.)  I agree with you, it's pretty lame.

But I sure do find it funny the same thread shows up every week or two.    :rofl
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce