Author Topic: Help with discos  (Read 349 times)

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
Help with discos
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
Might this be the right forum for this? (yes ive searched)

So i have cable from computer to router (no wireless), i set system to forward data (Port Forwarding) and still i get lots and lots o discos.... any ideas? ( i think i got port forwarding right) I use FSautostart to kill background programs,,,,help ... ideas,,,,anything...
 :cry:
(ugg)

zuii!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:48:38 PM by zuii »
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Help with discos
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:39:29 PM »
get ping plotter, install it (it has a free version) check the top of the technical threads (where this should have been posted) for the server addresses. Type them in and ping the servers for a good 10-15 mins every 5 seconds or so.Take a screen shot of the ping plot and post it in this thread. What your looking for is a steady ping in the 45-100 area, although you can run the game even into the 200s. The idea is steady. Not 45 one time 250 the next three time and then back to 50 the next time.

A simple fix might be to just power down both your router, and the cable modem. They should be cycled every month or so, like re-booting your computer to clean out the memorys and such. Leave them off for a min, them power  up the modem, and after another minute, power up the router.

Start there.

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
Re: Help with discos
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »
ya, i got ping plotter, but thanks,,,,and ill repost in tech forum.
thanks

zuii
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)