Author Topic: Some funny moments  (Read 782 times)

Offline Kitt18

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep TFS
Some funny moments
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:21:41 AM »
Since the latest patch was released I've seen some things that are rather funny. I've seen tanks get hit and fly across the vbase and explode and lvt's get hung up on the shore line and bounce like a basketball 50' in the air. But yesterday I was driving along in a T34 when the pesky train started pinging me, I spun my turret and destroyed the back half. Suddenly the remaining section lifted off the ground and flew parallel to me, continuing to shoot me from non-existing guns. I don't know why, but I thought it was funny to watch.
Has anyone else witnessed these amusing glitches?

337th Black Sheep TFS

"Kitt, you got 2 Spits and a high Hurri on you. Let me know if u get in trouble"...sprkplg

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
Re: Some funny moments
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:26:17 AM »
I like when a supply barge at a Port goes on to dry land. I think they should have it pull up at the docks and have longshoremen unload them. The only problem there is, they will all probably be in the indestructible playing cards and drinking beer.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »
You're right.  It is funny.  Trains that fly.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »
The train is following the railroads. The bug is that the railroads don't always display at the proper height. You'll notice this is a common bug. I don't know if it's on the map-building side or the game-code side. Sometimes the "tracks" disappear under the terrain, but the train continues as if the tracks were in the proper place. It's above the ground because it's on a bridge or raised portion of rail.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »
 :O

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »
supply wierdness ... ive seen it happen on new terrains the 1st run .... then you relog and poof it wont happen again .  its kinda a front end thing on your pc as for one will see it and another wont .

the cv's do the same thing every now and then too.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 12:04:07 PM »
I always see flying trains but last night I was driving a Sherman out to a town because there was a Wirble there and all of a sudden a single flying truck flew by (and there was no road... it was open terrain).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 06:47:17 PM »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 06:56:45 PM »
 LVT's can Spawn feet dry from there I bet.... amphibious pt's too :lol

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 07:36:50 PM »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 07:40:53 PM »
A few months ago, there was a carrier crossing land like that, but it was below ground level.  Only the very top of the island was above ground.  I was able to blow up the radar and "light the candle", but couldn't hit anything else.  The good news was that none of the Anti-Aircraft guns could fire up through the ground level either, so flying over the carrier was totally safe.  Wish I had grabbed a screen shot.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
the trains do that at all the factories,  the tracks end just outside but the train keeps on going,  as for the guns  its on the last or 2nd from the last car sometimes theres another gun just after the engine but thats rare.
you  just blew up one boxcar leaving the rest behind it stopped on the tracks and the gun keeps on shooting,  hit the engine first and then shoot the rest of the cars.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Mr Blue

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 09:14:45 PM »
that train is going to harry potter land
Just for fun