Author Topic: X52 loses calibration often  (Read 12437 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
X52 loses calibration often
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:08:28 PM »
Ok guys,
     I have the regular X52.  I've had it for about 7 months.  I've had this problem since i bought it.  So, I went out and bought a $30 External powered USB hub...no help at all.  I'm still losing calibration a lot (often in the middle of fights :mad:).  Does anyone have a solution to my problem or anything that would be of help.  Thanks in advance!

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
Re: X52 loses calibration often
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:51:26 PM »
First are you using Siatek Software?  If so check for updates. 2nd. Rename the JSM file & recalibrate in Windows & Aces High.  This may solve your problem.  :noid :salute
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:14:40 AM »
If the USB port is overloaded and being reset by the hardware, it could cause this issue as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:39 AM »
You're not alone Banshee. Mine went the same path and it seems to be the way with a lot of Saitek sticks. As for suggestions, are your drivers up to date? Here's a link to the Saitek forum site
http://www.saitekforum.com/

Best of luck.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 04:02:16 AM »
Ok bare with me with the solution..

Used to play Nascar sims. Our wheels HAD TO BE CALIBRATED WITHIN THE SOFTWARE 1ST THE CALIBRATED IN GAME. There was a huge difference in lap times with uncalibrated wheels or whells only calibrated in game.

When I started aces high, I used the same theory. When I didn't, I had a problem locking on target and getting accurate shot at times. So, When I start aces high, I get in the air. I then minimize the game and load my saitek profiler. Next I calibrate it on my screen and leave proiler on. I then re-enter game and do an in game calibration. I go through every range of motion including rudder and throttle. My X52 is crisp and perfect all the time when I do this.

Others I know had the same problem. They use this technique/theory and it works for them also.
See Rule #6

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »
His problem doesn't occur when he enters AH, it occurs while he's flying. To me it sounds that he starts flying without any issues from his stick, then while in-flight the stick calibration wigs out. This shouldn't be happening, considering I've flown in both AH and FS2004 for almost a year now without ever having to calibrate the stick. (I don't use the SST Programming software.)

Drdeath, did your friends encounter the same problem and your method resolved the issue?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:57:05 AM »
Denholm I never said it was a problem when he entered game. Read Read Read. I helped about 6 guys with this exact problem and yes they had the same problem.
See Rule #6

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 03:38:55 AM »
Does windows plays a sound when you plug USB hardware in your PC ?

If no, activate the sound, and see if windows plays it prior to loosing calibration ingame. The point is to see if the USB ports are being reseted somehow as Skuzzy says.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »
I have had the same problem it was driving me nuts... I just use windows drivers.. works great and I have not had a problem since.. Granted there are some functions I cant use like the wheels.. but I never used them anyhow.. I have tried powered usb hub, new drivers and a patch still didn't work..  Try it worst thing that can happen is it works.. :D
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:26:18 AM »
I've had same problem with stick calibrations on my x52. I noticed though the stick's lights would on occassion go buggy for a split second before the sticks calibration went out. While I think it's just simpley a lose connection between the throttle and the main stick, it's simpley rectified by unplugging the main stick from the throttle and plugging her back in.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
I'm bringing this back up again, but it realy dosn't give me the answer that I am looking for. Yes, I got an X52 two days ago and it looses calibration al by itself. I guess its a common ocurance to them, but I realy don't know how to fix it. The thing I noticed is that when you pull back to the right back, twords yourself, it loses calibration. That's the only place were it loses calibration.

Any way to fix it, I guess it has to do with an overloaded USB port, but is there any way to fix that?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
We were kicking around in another thread that seemed to help some people, turn off both the LED's and MFD lights on the theory that it reduces the voltage needed.  Let us know.

PS I use the std windows drivers and no SST software 3 years plus never have had this problem.  Never had the lights on and this spans 2 mother boards with different USB ports so just a thought.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:58:35 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »
Ok bare with me with the solution..

Used to play Nascar sims. Our wheels HAD TO BE CALIBRATED WITHIN THE SOFTWARE 1ST THE CALIBRATED IN GAME. There was a huge difference in lap times with uncalibrated wheels or whells only calibrated in game.

When I started aces high, I used the same theory. When I didn't, I had a problem locking on target and getting accurate shot at times. So, When I start aces high, I get in the air. I then minimize the game and load my saitek profiler. Next I calibrate it on my screen and leave proiler on. I then re-enter game and do an in game calibration. I go through every range of motion including rudder and throttle. My X52 is crisp and perfect all the time when I do this.

Others I know had the same problem. They use this technique/theory and it works for them also.

Again.... Try calibrating in windows mode(profiler) then calibrate in game. A few others had same problem and this fixed it. I do not know the reason it worked but it did.
See Rule #6

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 03:16:56 PM »
I've had the same problem: during a fight, stick wigs out badly and I can barely keep airborne. Tried a powered usb (and turned off blue lights) but problem came back.  Last time I flew, it went crazy again mid-flight and I noticed the cable between the stick and throttle was loose (like SEseph). Plugged it back in and problem solved. I think.  :pray 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 04:48:23 PM »
I flew about 4 hours today, and so far, no problems. Going on shortly for another 6 hours, see what happens.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."