Author Topic: loading skins  (Read 409 times)

Offline INDe

• Zinc Member
loading skins
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:35:10 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but here goes.  Why am i not able to load skins i downloaded from the skins page.  When i try to select a different one, it just reverts back to the default?  What am i doing wrong?
"Endeavor to Persevere"

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
Re: loading skins
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:54:44 PM »
Are you in offline practice? I believe the skins will load once you take off on a runway. If that's not the problem then try checking if you have put the skin into the skins folder at C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\skins.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:47:29 AM »
i think skins are only available on-line with a paid subscription - 2 weekers are SOL.

dunno about offline.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:10:04 AM »
Probably a dumb question, but here goes.  Why am i not able to load skins i downloaded from the skins page.  When i try to select a different one, it just reverts back to the default?  What am i doing wrong?

wait......we have to d/l them manually now?
mine have always d/l'd automatically in the past? i have noticed this patch, i have nothing for the hellcat, and less for the 38j than before. i have checked the "download skins in the backround" box in the clipboard.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 08:54:11 AM »
wait......we have to d/l them manually now?
mine have always d/l'd automatically in the past? i have noticed this patch, i have nothing for the hellcat, and less for the 38j than before. i have checked the "download skins in the backround" box in the clipboard.

as a 2-weeker that option is unavailable.  you could try to bypass that via manual d/l (for offline use), but the online skins will still be default.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:33:58 AM »

as a 2-weeker that option is unavailable.  you could try to bypass that via manual d/l (for offline use), but the online skins will still be default.

i'm not a 2 weeker.....been ingame for about 2 years now
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
There is an option in the game that allows you to turn auto downloading off. If you select this you can download selected skins from HTC's website. Limiting the number of skins you load can reduce or stop the stutters you get when the game has to access the HDD for a skin not in memory.

There are no skins for the F6F, N1K Il-2 or 262 because those plane shapes were changed in the last version. I've submitted some F6F skins and I believe Busa has submitted some N1K skins for the next skins update.

Possibly one or more of the P-38J skins was moved out of the rotation sequence. Only 15 player skins are allowed per plane and the 38J may be oversubscribed.

For non subscribers the only way to view skins offline would be to download some from this site:
http://www.ah-skins.com/
However not all the skins here are up to date. Many of them are for the old shape aircraft.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 09:50:16 AM by Greebo »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »
When you download skins from AHII site, you have to copy and past them into the AHII 'skins' folder.  Do that, and all will be good.  That is the way I do it.  I just download the ones that I use, and leave the rest alone.
 :rock

100Coogn
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear