Author Topic: Skyzzy:Video Card Affect on system Memory and CPU Load.  (Read 191 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Skyzzy:Video Card Affect on system Memory and CPU Load.
« on: October 07, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »
Skuzzy,

Is there any data or trending to support this question?

Nvidia Video card drivers and/or hardware processing consumes less system memory and/or puts less strain on the CPU(s) than ATI Video cards and/or drivers.

I have noticed that some of my squad mates who have Nvidia cards, when we talk about the bottom line from ctrl-I their system is using mid 400 to mid 500 with 40's to 50's in textures at 512 textures in older systems. One I was speaking to last night has 1G total RAM like I have in my current system.

My current system at 512 textures with an ATI x1650, shows memory used 600-650 104 -120 in textures. At 256 mine goes down to 550-560's with 50-60's in testures. Could this be more the architecture of my RAMBUS memory, AGP and my ATI card? I'm the only person in the squad with RAMBUS memory as opposed to DDR in their PC's.

Parts for the new system or enroute so this is just a technical head scratcher I've noticed.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.