Author Topic: GV Spawn delay  (Read 761 times)

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
Re: GV Spawn delay
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 06:07:42 AM »
Which one is smart? I cannt see  :huh

There is delay implemented already - its time between enemy spawn and he comes close enough to you to start shooting. And if he dont need to drive before shoot you, you are too close to his spawn, and most time it means you wonna spawn camp. You call it "starting a GV battle", huh?

Last time I did a GV battle (as I correctly called it) was when with +12 other tank we reached an enemy base. From our base to theyr base we counted 2 loss and more or less 1 kill each wich mean we met 8/9 enemy GV camping waiting for our passage. Finally after more than one hour of "GV battle" we capped the enemy base and while some of us was keeping the base clr from enemy tanks others started to hit hangars and ground gun. Useless to say we failed since we ran all out of AP and the same 8 guys was keeping spawning. We didn't had an M3 with supplies and nobody replied to our assistance request...so we just all died.

If that's the way how in AH GV battles are simulated it's all ok, till all are happy with it, just keep it as it is, but i'm not surprised when large tank battle don't roll so often.
Save Swiss Milk, drink Beer!

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »
Bad planned attack. Try plan better next time instead of complaining how wrong spawning is.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Let me see if I got this right.  The spawn camper is complaining because he keeps getting beat by the spawning GV's?

That's the same as a vulcher complaining because he missed and got shot down on the overshoot.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 10:24:31 AM »
Sounds more like they setup an ambush for u on the way to there base. Take down the hangers easiest way to stop them spawning.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 10:47:44 AM »
Bad planned attack. Try plan better next time instead of complaining how wrong spawning is.

couldn't expect another answer from you

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »
Let me see if I got this right.  The spawn camper is complaining because he keeps getting beat by the spawning GV's?

That's the same as a vulcher complaining because he missed and got shot down on the overshoot.

Nobody was camping, we travelled trow the land till theyr base with the task to kill hangars, clr, cap and capture. It's quite different from those who just hide and wait someone to spawn to get an easy kill, then rtb and feel happy and proud watching his nick displaied with all those kills.

About my first post all got hurt about my complain on GV spawns (maybe because you see it as a restriction and you won't be restricted when someone more skilled killed you and you will keep spawning till you don't get him) but I wrote an example where, the same guy I dropped in in a A20, respawned in few seconds in a Wiber and shot me down.

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 10:59:21 AM »
Sounds more like they setup an ambush for u on the way to there base. Take down the hangers easiest way to stop them spawning.

this mean use jabos or fighters, all we wanted to do was a GV raid, but, as it is now it's just impossible. Or if you prefer yes, it's possible if you park your GV just in front of the hangar pad and wait there for spawns, but i'm not so lame to do it..or maybe if all players of the opposite side are buzy in a large furball somewhere else.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 02:22:44 AM »
couldn't expect another answer from you

Ppl always tend to blame somebody else for thier own faults. Just dont hold your breath waiting for changes you asking.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 06:39:41 AM »
Ppl always tend to blame somebody else for thier own faults. Just dont hold your breath waiting for changes you asking.

Are you complaining about yourself blamming yourself? because i'm not blamming anyone ;)
I just posted my impression and my thoughts about GV spawns, it was a kind and open discussion and as you could stated yourself

Quote from: Odisseo
If that's the way how in AH GV battles are simulated it's all ok, till all are happy with it, just keep it as it is, but i'm not surprised when large tank battle don't roll so often.

So don't worry, i'm not going to hold my breath or get pissed because something is different of what I would prefer, it's a game and as sayd, I will just fly airplanes and leave GVs

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »
The present sawn system is about as good as it gets whilst spawning is limited to a single area within a a range of a so called spawn point.

There is a delay on campers being able to view a spawned vehicle but it is very small and (I believe) designed to ensure that they do not see it before the spawner is able to view his/her surroundings.

Everything else is a seemingly futile attempt to achieve balance between the "camper" and the "spawner". with such global settings across all spawn points (includoing H) it can never please all the people all the time. Indeed it cannot please 50 % because most folk want it both ways depending upon which (spawner or camper) they are today.
Ludere Vincere