Author Topic: Basic order of destrution for AB, NB & VB  (Read 673 times)

Offline MajMel

• Zinc Member
Basic order of destrution for AB, NB & VB
« on: October 13, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »
 :rock What do you hit 1st when attacking Bases? ( have been bombing convoys and trains for P38 practice. Does this affect the time bases repair themselves? FH, BH, VH, Ords and Gun emplacements ) And what do you do to it bring back up as fast as you can to prevent counter-attack?  Ty Mel   :salute
I came... I saw... I straffed.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Basic order of destrution for AB, NB & VB
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »
I'm not positive on the specifics, but you can check them out at the Trainers Site.

Hitting trains and convoys I believe DOES help, but it only effect the resupply times.

Most players hit radar first, blinding the enemy of approaching targets. VH is next as once you start getting all of those little bugs out on the field its had to clean them up. After that it depends on the crowd your with. Fighter guys would rather you leave the FH up so they have defenders to shoot at, land grab guy rather you take them down to stop that one LA7 from getting up to kill your goon.

Most important thing to hit is what ever makes you happy, it is suppose to be fun after all  :aok

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:04:57 PM »
I always try to hit the VH and Dar on the first pass. ORd i next considering the needs.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »
VH, otherwise the whirble population begins to multiply.
Lagger

Offline Race

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 11:32:47 PM »
Like rabbits...

Race
Reputation is to be earned not given.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:42:50 AM »
:rock What do you hit 1st when attacking Bases? ( have been bombing convoys and trains for P38 practice. Does this affect the time bases repair themselves? FH, BH, VH, Ords and Gun emplacements ) And what do you do to it bring back up as fast as you can to prevent counter-attack?  Ty Mel   :salute

Base Attack = VH, Field Ack

Base Capture = VH, Town Ack, Town Buildings

Also, depends on the # and skill of the attacking force.

About your question regarding convoys and trains . . . I say it doesn't affect things enough to warrant our attention besides the fun of egging or strafing something.

Also, with the map that's been in Orange over the past bit, pay attention to the zone of the base you attack.  Nailing ord, for example, on a base that receives no convoys, trains, etc puts your foe behind the 8-ball.  They must then manually resupply is how I understand it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 08:04:51 AM »
Also, with the map that's been in Orange over the past bit, pay attention to the zone of the base you attack.  Nailing ord, for example, on a base that receives no convoys, trains, etc puts your foe behind the 8-ball.  They must then manually resupply is how I understand it.

Well, they must not, as there is a maximum downtime limit regardless of being in regular supply or not. For example, destroyed ammo bunkers will be repaired after 2h at the latest. But of course manual resupply greatly speeds things up
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MajMel

• Zinc Member
Re: Basic order of destruction for AB, NB & VB
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »
"I strafe & Bomb... therefore I am!"

Offline MajMel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 08:19:18 AM »
 :rock Thx E1... (especially SpikesX for his avatar) Now about the 2nd part of my question, how do you speed repairs & upping base to new, after successfully capturing it, before counter-strike ensues?  :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »
:rock Thx E1... (especially SpikesX for his avatar) Now about the 2nd part of my question, how do you speed repairs & upping base to new, after successfully capturing it, before counter-strike ensues?  :salute

Run in airfield supplies from another base, either with M3 or C-47 ("Goon"). Each drop of supplies (can be anywhere on field) shortens downtime of destroyed objects on a base. It takes about 8 drops of supplies to bring a fresh porked base back up to normal operations, less if the objects were destroyed some time ago.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »
Thanks Lusche!!  I didn't know the 2 hour limit worked regardless of the zone.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »
depends how far along the attack is, fresh base I'll hit Dar and Ord first then VH if still up my next sortie. If I'm attacking from a cv I'll hit SB if it's going to be a problem then Ord.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:05 PM »

First welcome, if you are available on any Saturday evening, come fly with the 113th Lucky Strikes we use vox 113 and text 113 as well.  We use the P38 L & J model as our primary weapons, depending on our mission.  We do a lot of strat killing and airfield / town busting.  Our strategy is to kill the VH, FH & BH, Then work and cap the town and put troops in.

We also attack and destroy Strat Targets, Factories.  We do hit truck convoys , Barges and trains.  Our understanding from reading the Aces High web page of the strat targets is this.  Take down a factory, say Ammo.  The truck and barge convoys arriving at bases arrive with less the full loads.  Which translates into damaged ammo bunkers at a base staying down for a longer period of time.  Like wise if you are re-supplying a base with Field Cargo, that one container will contain less Ammo if the Ammo factory is damaged and less then 100%.  That mean that if it normally takes 3 re-supply containers to repair the AMMO bunkers at a field.  With the AMMO factory at say 20 % or 0% , AMMO bunkers will remain down and it may take 5 or 6 re-supply containers.  You can re-supply a factory to get it back to 100 %,  If the truck convoy or train convoy heading towards a factory is destroyed ,   damaged at the factory remains.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes