Author Topic: Perk Points - Possible Use  (Read 117 times)

Offline Gryzly

• Zinc Member
Perk Points - Possible Use
« on: January 07, 2002, 02:05:00 PM »
I would like to submit an idea discussed amung our squad for possible future use of perk points.

When on the rearm/refuel pad, if possible would liek to be able to spend perk points to fix minor damage to a plane.  Like scale the perks in a manner that the more damage or assign an amount of points per damaged area. A pop-up appears: It will cost "X" amount of perk points to repair your airplane, would you like to repair it? Y N

It sux ending a 7 kill run because of a minor fuel leak.  or a single gun being shot out.  I think you may get the drift, but make the points high enough that it costs to resume the flight.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »
I agree.

Maybe the 'repairs for minor damage' option can be provided at the hangars, so it will promote the usage of hangars(which currently do nothing but provide targets for buffs  :) ).

I have some other ideas about minor perk usage, too, such as:

a) change armament without pushing 'hangar'

You might want to keep your streak going, but feel your current weapons set may not be entirely helpful. Run to the rearm pad, get those mechanics out here and change your armament options, pronto.. or, the fighter hangars are down, you are pretty sure there are more buffs on the way.. current armament on your G-10? MG131s and MG151/20 only. You don't have time to up from another field.. what do you do? Get those MK108 and gunpods and fix'em on yer plane.

b) tow trucks(??)

you run out of fuel.. arrrgh. See the base in sight but land a bit short, damn! Oh well, get those trucks over here and move my plane to the field. Spend perks to move your plane to field when it is.. maybe within 3 mile radius of field only.

c) bring on the deadly dozen(????)

You have no choice but to ditch. But you don't want a 'capture' on your record. Isn't there anybody to rescue you? Spend perks to git your arse rescued, only if you are within say.. 20 mile radius of a friendly field?

d) Hop onto a friendly GV nearby.

You are in a GV mission. Storm somebody's town or something.. zoom an enemy plane passes by and knocks out your turrets and engine.. is there a friendly nearby? Yes, there is! Bail out(which would count as a kill for the attacker), ask for permission when a friendly GV is nearby say.. with in 2000 yards? Spend the perk and move on to his vehicle.

These small perk spending ideas(maybe 0.5~5 perks?) would make the game a little bit more fun and interesting  :)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 06:50:00 PM »
I like those ideas. Very interesting.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 08:06:00 PM »
I like it, but wouldn't it require HTC to do some kind of FPS engine for the troopers  and get them moving articulate parts, instead of the gumby like movement they have now? huh ,huh, huh?

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2002, 09:28:00 PM »
well.. in the mean time we could just settle with those invisible guys at the rearm pad. After maybe AHv5.00 or something, we might actually see people-like figures doing some action  :)