Author Topic: Can't Connect  (Read 96 times)

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
Can't Connect
« on: October 20, 1999, 08:54:00 AM »
aopen ax6b mb, celeron433, 128megs pc100ram, stb vision 2d board, monster 4meg 3d, siig sound card (yamaha chiipset), win98 1st ed., dx7.  Latest drivers for all.  oem win98 winsock, ms sidewinder 3dpro.  

I loaded ah a few weeks ago.  It didnt run right.....white out problem, so I went to change the monster drivers.  System destabalized and I had to re-load windows, probably due to a bad hd, ended up losing 5 years of data off of my back up drive as a result..not happy.  Not ur fault, but started when I tried to run ah.
     I got everything working again this weekend, re-dl'd ah, installed and can fly offline but cant connect.  Did connect once but got booted after the first flight and havn't been able to connect since.  I used the bbs to get this problem addressed and got a response that didnt address the problem.....get a new winsock....ms doesnt even have a new winsock for win98. Reposted that and still no response. Just for good measure I uninstalled and re-installed my windows communication suite....twice. Still no connect. I'm running AOL as a tcp/ip connect and I have ms game zone files loaded as well....dont know it there's some kind of conflict there.  Obviously, they're not running when I'm trying to connect to ah.  Using Bellatlantic.net as an isp.
     I uninstalled ah using the win98 uninstall jobber in control panel, shut down, re-dl'd ah, re-installed and ah remembered all of my settings, leading me to believe that windows couldnt uninstall all of ah.  I think I've made more than an adequate effort to run your product and may even pay for it if you guys make the improvments you claim to.  I believe in supporting massive player flight simms if they're good and have a reasonable price.  I remember those huge bills from genie  
     Anyway, it comes down to this, I either need my connect problem addressed or I need to know how to uninstall ALL of the AH files.  If you can't get more than 40 or 50 peole in the arena at once, and that's the problem, then let me know so I can stop wasting my time on this and wait untill you get it figured out.

pete177@aol.com
CRASH

ps.  The sound volume increases and I get static when I look out the side views...sound is muffled when looking out the regular fron view.