Author Topic: NOVEMBER FSO: MIRACLE AT MIDWAY!  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: NOVEMBER FSO: MIRACLE AT MIDWAY!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »
Agreed. Our Lancaster is ALSO a Mid-war ship. The Mk. III doesn't belong in the EWA or any early war scenario.

As far as (multi-engine) bombers, I think:

B-17D and F
B-24D
Lancaster Mk. I
He-111
A couple other Ju-88 models
SOME Russian bomber (I'm not as familiar with the Russian iron so would need some help, there)
G3M "Nell"
G4M "Betty"
Ki-21 "Sally"
Ki-49 "Helen" (nice mid-war step between the Sally and the Peggy we already have)

are glaring holes in the setup. I'd also like to see the B-25J--which I'll have to double-check production, but I THINK was the most-produced type--added to round out the Mitchells (we have the early glass-nosed and strafer in the 25C. The 25H gives us a good mid-war super-strafer. We need the late-war glass-nosed bomber, and I'd KILL to play with the 12-gunned J strafer :D ).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 09:47:47 PM »
Don't forget the Do 17 for a complete BoB setup.  The Do 217 would also have main arena use.  I'd prefer those before another Ju 88.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
Gents,

As much as I like a good discussion, either start a new thread or something else.  I'd like to keep this thread focussed on the Midway Event next month.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »
Sorry Stoney, just kind of drifted because we ARE missing some vital ships for this matchup (early 17s, PBY, F2A, TBD).

:salute
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 11:48:28 AM »
The TBD is on my wishlist.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »
  Id like to see it that only search planes,and CAP launch at T+0 and all others wait. Then once a fleet is found, the planes go to arm mode. All strike planes spawn on the deck but have to wait 10 minutes before they can roll to add some drama.

~AoM~

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 10:58:51 AM »
At Midway, alot of the scouting was done by the strikes, once they knew they were there, as the Carriers.. move.  :rofl
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 01:43:40 PM »
      They werent scouting, they had a general idea where the enemy was. The IJN was scouting.

~AoM~

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »
Only because the PBYs did the scouting first. :D

That would be an interesting objective tho:

1) CiC is given their containment area per normal.

2) Opposing CiC is given a rough search area (maybe 3-4xs the size of the containment area)

3) IF the opposing country's search planes locate the enemy task group, in the subsequent frames they're given the usual 2x2 containment area of its location

If the opposing country fails to locate the enemy task group, they must try locating it again in the next frame. If they fail again, there's no search objective in the next frame, and the enemy CV is not part of their objectives

Offline big-mo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 08:25:34 AM »

Can we turn off everyone's GPS?    :)

-Mo
Big Mo
Rolling Thunder